Whats coming up in your garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats coming up in your garden?

I have dew melons, cuccumbers, and okra just peaking out of the garden .... also have some good sunflowers in the bacl of the landscape that are growning real fast.

Still waiting on squash and zuchini...

You guys have anything good comming up yet?

BTW
    All my bell peppers carried over the winter and a full of small peppers and some big ones .... I even have a purple bell with 4 or 5 med. ones on it.
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

I haven't even planted my squash and zuchini...but I buy plants not seeds...sounds great
    sigpic

Comment

I am about to plant...
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Tomatoes, peppers, squash, watermelon, cantalope, pumpkin, cukes, onions, okra, potatoes, green beans, various herbs -- and the kids' sunflowers -- waiting on my sweet potato slips to show up in the mail any day so I can get those going.
        -- still have carrots, brussel srpouts, lettuce, leeks, bunching onions, spinach, strawberries and celery left from the winter garden.

Man now that I typed all of that out I've come to realize that I may have a gardening addiction -- wonder if there is a 12 step program for that?
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
          I am about to plant...

this is about veggies deano.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
            Tomatoes, peppers, squash, watermelon, cantalope, pumpkin, cukes, onions, okra, potatoes, green beans, various herbs -- and the kids' sunflowers -- waiting on my sweet potato slips to show up in the mail any day so I can get those going.
            -- still have carrots, brussel srpouts, lettuce, leeks, bunching onions, spinach, strawberries and celery left from the winter garden.

Man now that I typed all of that out I've come to realize that I may have a gardening addiction -- wonder if there is a 12 step program for that?
            Did you know you can start your own sweet potatoes by letting the eyes on a sweet potatoe that you buy at the store grow.

That's how I get my sweet potatoes. Also sweet potatoes need a very deep bed in order for them to grow to there full potential and the grow better on mounds.
            Son of the Republic

Comment

I have ghost chilies and habaneros going, I also got green zebra's and mr. Stripy tomatoes already fruiting.
              Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                Did you know you can start your own sweet potatoes by letting the eyes on a sweet potatoe that you buy at the store grow.

That's how I get my sweet potatoes. Also sweet potatoes need a very deep bed in order for them to grow to there full potential and the grow better on mounds.
                Yea I've been that route and it works good but I'm trying a different variety this year and you cant get em in the grocery store.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Tomatoes and a huge chunk of red peppers are actually to come in a couple of weeks. I am not that much of a gardener to maintain something big but I would really like to have something small and sustainable. That just works more interesting for me but I am not quite sure that is to hold true for anyone who is looking to do something similar, right?

Comment

I've tomatoes on the vines and a bunch of figs on the tree. Though the pepper plants have been chewed on by rabbits. I've added wire caging to fend off those critters.
                    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I've got more tomotoes than I can eat! Still a couple weeks from yellow squash and a couple more after that for zuchini
                      sigpic

Comment

Big Boy tomato plant is starting to produce. I have it planted in a 5 gallon bucket. It's about 3' tall with 8 small tomatos on it. This is my first 5 gallon bucket plant. I plan to plant some jalapenos the same way.
                        "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Very Nice! time for some stuffed peppers!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

From this weekend...

Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X