Christmas and Bastrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas and Bastrop

Has any one fished Christmas and Bastrop bays in the last week. I have tried in but with not good results

probably tore up with all the fresh water.i heard the ICW is orange with mud and clay.
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by nokatchin View Post
      probably tore up with all the fresh water.i heard the ICW is orange with mud and clay.
      Yes the ICW was color orange on Sat and Sun

Comment

I put the kayak in Christmas today and paddeled about 8 miles or so looking for something to sightcast to from about 9-11am. The water was in good shape, lots of mullet an pin fish. Tide was higher than normal. Saw only a few redfish to cast at, they were way up in the grass. I only saw a few shrimp, the same amount I saw the day befor in the marsh behind jones lake. The water was in good shape though. I only took the fly rod so i don't know about the conventional tackle thing.

Comment

The fish were in West bay on the south shoreline a week ago. There still there but the bite slowed down for me. Caught a few around Mecom's reefs yesterday but spotty with the bulled up tides. I think it makes the fish thin out but that may be an old fish tale.

Comment

Thats it Rocky. Think like a fish and catch fish. It's commonsensical. Those big gaffs can bend a rod, give true meaning to sliming up a boat which gives the blues as I'm selling my rig tomorrow. Oh well I'll save 4.00 a gallon and no excuse to concentrate on the surf and wet wading my spots. Hell got lots of friends with boats anyway.

Comment

If you can find the old 1/2 oz. Johnson sprite in silver with the chartreuse sticker on the top side, slow roll that joker and watch the gaffs get in the boat. I still have 3 or 4 from the day but I don't think they make them anymore. Caught a lot of 20+ trout on them as well.

Comment

Working...
              X