108-1/2 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 108-1/2 days

108-1/2 days till Teal. Teal season is the true Fin-n-Feather event. Frequently have the rod do a double bend as a flock of teal come buzzing into the spread. Any true outdoorsman can reel with the left hand while firing the shotgun ...one handed..... The realy tricky part is getting doubles with a pump while shooting one-handed!!!!

Lets see:
    BBQ pit with gunnel clamp....check,
    bacon strips w/jalapenos....check,
    deep fryer for the boat....check,
    premixed fish batter in ziplock bag....check.

I've contemplated many times bringing a propane grill on the boat and cooking breakfast or something after the hunt... What kind of BBQ pit do you use? Nothing like fresh teal bacon & jalapeno! I add cream cheese with mine...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

My favorite is the Magma Kettle Gas Grill. Propane is the only "safe" way to go. It clamps on my floundering rail is such a way that it swings overboard to cook on. Only prob is that mine is currently doing "reef duty" somewhere between San Luis Pass and the Koa boat ramp.

Also, some may remember the Coleman #502 single burner stove and the square pan and lid that it packed away in. Small, compact and ready in a minute. Bottle of oil, some tinfoil for plates, ziplock of sliced onions, ziplock of sliced potatoes and ziplock full of seasoned corn meal.

Put potatoes in ziplock of cornmeal, shake, fry, dump on foil & papertowels. Repeat same with onions, and again with chunks of fish. Belching and finger licking IS permitted onboard!!!
      Last edited by timemachine; May 26, 2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

It's right next to Muddskipper's anchor and a power pole (JT's I believe).
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
        X