!! ** Wade Hazard - Bastrop ** !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! ** Wade Hazard - Bastrop ** !!

Anyone wade fishing behind the point due south of Oyster Bayou near the West entrance to Bastrop needs to be EXTREMELY careful in there. I encountered a very, very large alligator in there last weekend ever bit of 10 - 12 foot long. I got a really good look at him too.

He was on the bank and I thought it was a bunch of tires at first, until it slid into the water and submerged. I got the hell out of there after that.

Hopefully he'll work his way back up into the refuge, but ... keep your eyes OPEN boys (and girls).

All that construction pushed him to the big bay ....

What you should be real worried about there is the amount of stingrays that you never see .... that would really freak you out!
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Maaaaaaaaaan. I'll take the rays over the biting lizards any day of the week ... !

Comment

Originally posted by Pouledeau View Post
        Maaaaaaaaaan. I'll take the rays over the biting lizards any day of the week ... !
        Insult em while you can
        Resident Ninja

Comment

I don't fish over there much and now I know why! Thanks for the heads up!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by smooth move
            don't wade there much, but thanks for the heads up. you get your waders clean yet?
            Naw man ... I took them back to Academy and said they were defective ... ! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Comment

Naw man ... I took them back to Academy and said they were defective ... ! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                  ...you guys kill me!! We used to water ski in Halls all the time right where that big old mama gator used to hang out. She would go every bit of 12-15 and never bothered us.

They aren't salt water Crocs and are probably just wanting to head to a safer area...that's how they got that big in the first place since there are so many idiots that would pop a cap on them on sight.

...only time she would come crashing down through the reeds was if we accidently hooked one of her babies and they started making that funny noise like they do.

TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Anyone wade fishing behind the point due south of Oyster Bayou near the West entrance to Bastrop needs to be EXTREMELY careful in there. I encountered a very, very large alligator in there last weekend ever bit of 10 - 12 foot long. I got a really good look at him too.

He was on the bank and I thought it was a bunch of tires at first, until it slid into the water and submerged. I got the hell out of there after that.

Hopefully he'll work his way back up into the refuge, but ... keep your eyes OPEN boys (and girls).
                    Gators over there are no secret.They have been there for decades.They are coming from the Brazoria National Wildlife Refuge,which is right there on the other side of the ICW.I have seen many over the years wading the north shoreline of Christmas Bay.
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Really? On the North shoreline in Christmas. I have been out there so many times and never noticed one, but bet your arse I will be looking now.

DB
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Ive seen lots of gators in that area over the years.

Comment

The northshore line of Xmas is full of gators... Well not really full but the marsh just north is... Gators will eat your arse, they are higher on the food chain than you are on their playing field... Just sayin duck dogs a wade fishermen are on the menu... Keep that in mind at 0530 in the morning wading throwing tops in the moonlight... Don't be a victum of the game... Go to the coves of west bay south shoreline it is safer... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Re: !! ** Wade Hazard - Bastrop ** !!

That place is F.U.B.A.F !!

Comment

And if you see a pink thing that looks like a dolphin don't throw anything with hooks at it... It is only reeltime wading the coves, and don't make fun of his feathers either... LMAO He gets pissed off about that... OK Chris I will stop now... LOL
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X