trailer anti-rust coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer anti-rust coating

What product do you folks recommend to apply to a new boat trailer to keep it from rusting?
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

New? I dunno. I used an expensive silicone based galvanized paint-stuff was kind of like rubber and worked great-about $300-400/gallon. If ya got any rust, scrap it, sand it and prime with an anti-rust solvent/paint before galvanizing.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The trailer is brand new galvanized w/ leaf springs.

I got 6+yrs out of my old one using a product called Ruststopshere.
      Of course I can not find the stuff now.

Galanized trailers just don't last in the salt.
      West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Coat with Corrision XD, Green Bottle .... two cans will be more than enough

After you coat it, drive down a dusty, rock road, and it will adhear to the wet oil, and help keep it on.....

Touch up once a quarter/ every 3 months ...... springs and all nut & bolts
        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Thanks Bryan-I also read that mixing STP oil treatment with regular motor oil and painting that on the springs and bolts helps prevent rust-kind of messy sheeit though.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

what Muddboy said !!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
            AQUA PIMP......
            "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I pack my leafs with stp and axle grease. Use a putty knife and really force it into the springs.
              "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
              boom

Comment

Also, rinsing the trailer after each trip goes along way too. I always rinse under the trailer after each trip.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

First of all pour some Beast on the trailer to make sure the galvanize is sticking good then proceed with above ideas
                  nk
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I spray everything down with corrosion-x, seems to work ok

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
                      Also, rinsing the trailer after each trip goes along way too. I always rinse under the trailer after each trip.

AQUA PIMP
                      I agree with AP, I spray it down everytime I take it out of the water.

If you can afford it, powercoat it! Sounds nuts, but the cost to powercoat has come down a lot in the last few years, so you might want to call someone that does it. Just giving my two cents.
                      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                      X