Night Shift @ Tit'Lum 5/26/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Shift @ Tit'Lum 5/26/09

Talked to Moonpie several days ago and sealed a trip on the S.S. Moonpie. Met up with the pyrat and departed from the boat ramp in Christmas bayou at 21:00hrs. The target was specks and reds under the light at Titlum Tatlum Bayou. After a short ride & Moonpie using a sextant to find the way there we arrived at our destination. The tide was already low and still falling we anchored the boat on the west shoreline. ( southwind blowing in our faces ) We set-up the light and started fishing, live shrimp & finger mullet the bait of choice. Right off the bat the dinks were there and the action non-stop. 01:30 the tide bottomed out and with only a couple keeper specks apiece in the box we waited for the incoming tide. Of course we waited, the tide went out so far the boat was practically sitting on the bank. 03:00 the tide held true to the fact it changes there very quickly. We were still catching dinks till around 04:00 then we started to box more keeper specks, Moonpie boxed 1 red @ 25 inches. We caught and released a few other reds that just did not quite make the size limit. 05:30 we decided to pack it up and head back to the dock.( boat was finally floating again ) Total trout for the night 18 in the box 16 - 21 inches, 1 red @ 25 inches, somewhere under 150 dinks released. As always it was time well spent fishing on the S.S. Moonpie with the Pyrat Moonpie.
    Surf-Fishing;
    I tell you and you forget, I show you and you remember, I involve you and you understand.

nice trip Dano and moonpie.

Comment

Sounds like a good trip. Congrats

Comment

Nothing wrong with that, thanks for the report.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Good report, thanks.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Stringer pic.
            Ooops......miscounted the specks.
            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Thanks for the report and great pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpie View Post
                Stringer pic.
                Ooops......miscounted the specks.
                Yep, miscount on them specks. I do not count good past 10 without my shoes off,...
                Surf-Fishing;
                I tell you and you forget, I show you and you remember, I involve you and you understand.

Comment

Nice Report......Fun on the SS Moonpie!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

More of you stealing MY fish

Good report gents!
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                    X