Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Weekend Chcocolate Report

Water improved through-out the weekend ... including way up the bayou

Trout are in the bay but nothing over the 23" mark .... but scattered catches were reported.

Redfish action was spotty, as most of the keepers were perfect for the grill and frying pan, in the 20 - 24" range.

A ton of 17- 19" Reds were caught and released which is a sign of a good fall to come.

Hot lures have been top water in the bone color and plastice in either salt & pepper or red & white / Plum & chartuse.

Of cousre Live bait works as well, but be ready to catch some
    trophy gaff-top ..... and don't think your imune throwing lures either ..... those nasty things hit my big top waters more than a half dozen time. They do a number on treble hooks as well.

Stupid slimmers ....

Capt Steve on the local shrimp boat will be out there everyday for the rest of the summer near the mouth of chocolate ..... and there is another who occasionally makes it out.

Look for him in the mornings around 7am but don't expect to see him later in the day.

His phone number is 409- 443- 1403
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Thanks Bryan! My old number for him was bad.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I've had a few gafftops hitting my top water lures too. Sliiiime Sliiime Sliiime

Comment

Thanks for the info. I havent hit Chocolate in a while but plan on spending some time there soon

Comment

Fished Chocolate Monday and picked up a few trout over shell pretty quick fishing with tails. Caught a 4lb gafttop, was ticked cause it fought like a RED

Comment

Thanks for the report!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
            X