JB 5-23 Night shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB 5-23 Night shift

Sometimes you take the moments you can. I started the weekend with high hopes. I got some bait, ice and beer and wanted to throw shrimp for the first time this year. I invited a good friend of mine and my wife invited a coupe friends of hers. Little did I know the two friends she invited would each bring a rugrat to commondere my dock and ohhh myyyy there's my good pole in their hands and bait goind fast. I decided to be a sport about it and other than swappign them to the guest poles I let them fish out the bait. The next day I went out early, stopped in Sea Isle and got some bait, headed to the pass. I got a nice hook up that pulled off, and several otehr varieties but no more specks, especially since right after that hook up the jacks moved in and started blowing up bait everywhere. I think the specks moved out. Saturday night, same thing.... mann when can Iiiii fish my dock. They didn't even go to bed until 12:30. Only having an overhead at the moment my conscience was saying to turn it off but only after a few casts... Sometimes just a few minutes is all you need for an evening to end on a high note.

Joe
    Last edited by Race1Mopar; May 27, 2009, 10:52 AM.

Nice going Joe. I hate when kids grab my good stuff-usually end up having to restring all the reels.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice work, you already like fishing, get those kids addicted!

Comment

A 3 year old kid is old enough to take a punch in the stomach!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Addicted ahahhahaha They are so addicted that they fished from early morning until midnight or se every night. I have to say they caught plenty of sand trout and a few dinks. Since the kids were over anyway I asked my stepson to bring my grandaughter by and gave her the rob we bought for her birthday. She had caught plenty of decent sand trout in the past but thisssss week she actually caught a 16" speck on her little rod. I got good coaching time of raise the tip, ok lower it and reel, raise the tip, lower and reel. I've always said she's a natural cause she can cast over half the canal. I can say at 7 she's even caught a few sandies on 4" gambler lures.

And yep, had a restring a few of those rods but at the end of the day I guess we all had a lil fun.

Joe

Comment

That one fish looks pretty solid, thanks for the report.
            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
              That one fish looks pretty solid, thanks for the report.
              Thanks
              He went just under 27"

Comment

Thanks for the report. Hope all the good rods and reels didnt get damaged by the little ones

Comment

Nice fish!
                  I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

very nice!!

Comment

Nice catch.Kids are fun to watch and teach fishing to.
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice job Joe! There's a reason I leave cane poles all over the house
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WOW, Great fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Race1Mopar View Post
                            Addicted ahahhahaha They are so addicted that they fished from early morning until midnight or se every night. I have to say they caught plenty of sand trout and a few dinks. Since the kids were over anyway I asked my stepson to bring my grandaughter by and gave her the rob we bought for her birthday. She had caught plenty of decent sand trout in the past but thisssss week she actually caught a 16" speck on her little rod. I got good coaching time of raise the tip, ok lower it and reel, raise the tip, lower and reel. I've always said she's a natural cause she can cast over half the canal. I can say at 7 she's even caught a few sandies on 4" gambler lures.

And yep, had a restring a few of those rods but at the end of the day I guess we all had a lil fun.

Joe
                            I'll re-srting,untangle and coach kids all day if they like fishing or hunting. I'll take a kids first Fish or Deer over my own trophy any day.
                            Race they will remember you for a long time your the man!!!!
                            "Kids who Hunt and fFsh don't steal and deal" got a bumper sticker that says that and I love that quote.
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

good job.
                              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X