5-27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-27

Got out early and was on my way to my first spot at 530. Started off wading some shell and throwing topwaters. 3rd cast had a 22" trout on the stringer. Thought It was going to be on but the bite was short lived. Had 4 trout 20-22" by 730 and after that couldnt buy a bite. Headed over to the N.Shoreline to see if I could catch a few reds but the tide was a little low for the area I wanted to wade. Cut a short wade but all I could find feeding were stingrays. Left this spot and on my way back saw some birds working so I decided to cut a short drift. After catching some dink trout I had to call it a day due to an appointment in Htown. Got off the water around 10, right about when the storms started to move through. Winds were light out of the s/se and later switched out of the north when the storms approached. All fish caught on the Jimmy Houston spook jr.

This one had a huge shad in it's stomach. The others had ribbonfish and piggies in them.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Sounds like a little night time/early morning wade is in order on that reef.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Damn, that's a bigass shad.
        "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by TTU Wader View Post
          Got out early and was on my way to my first spot at 530.
          Hey TTU,
          Bet I know where that is, lol ok shhhhhhh
          Thanks for the report. That's how my morning started out, with promise then turned off quick when the Jacks showed up. I'm going to cast net some mullet and go down there just to get into a fight with a jack or a big red
          Joe

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
            Thanks for the report.

Sounds like a little night time/early morning wade is in order on that reef.
            Was thinking the same thing

Comment

Thanks for the report and pic. That was one hungry trout to bite your lure while trying to digest that shad

Comment

North shoreline was covered up with stingrays this weekend. I don't think i've ever seen that many rays in one area. Unbelievable.

Comment

Great report and pics TTU. Thanks and keep em coming-look for me tomorrow between JB and SLP and along north shore if wind is right. Red/White Skeeter baypro
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice alex glad you found some fish
                    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I hope to be out there tomorrow!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great report, Thanks
                        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Nice... those jimmy houston tops are kick ars... nice report, thanks

Comment

We'll be at it Saturday and Sunday.
                            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                            X