Gigging Trip!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging Trip!!!

I have offered before and met a few of you guys out gigging for those that want to learn enjoy it etc... I am again wanting to take another group out gigging to our local flounder hole. I am no guide, just want to have a good time...

I walk in, never more waist deep and we usually stay in water below knee deep.

I am either going to do a Friday or Saturday night trip. We'll target West Bay. I have spots for the first 4 people as not to overload myself and my buddy who will be helping me out.

I have spare lights, gigs and batteries so you'll just need a cooler and a stringer for your fish. If you have your own stuff great, but I don't mind lending someone a setup for a few hours.

I know BeachBumBailey & more than likely crappieman will be down, so we should have a good group and a whole lot of fun!

Let me know if your interested!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

My boat is in a storage that was damaged by the cain, I can't roll up tha bay door to get it out but when its repaired and I can access it I can forsee taking up to 4-5 people and drop eveyone off an selected sand bars that see little pressure. Also though. it may not happen this year because of the access to the boat ramp at the Brazoria state park...we would be working bird island. everyone needs to provide there own portable equipment. One man can stay in the boat to help me gig. all should collect limits.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

WestEndAngler
      What are you using to float your battery and ice chest? Are you using auto battery?
      Wayner
      Children are pieces of our heart running around outside of our body.

Comment

I dont use an ice chest Wayner... I usually drag my flounder using my BassPro Shops stringer... It holds the fish in the direction I am walking keeping them alive longer than any other stringers... I use a Deer Feeder Battery and carry an extra one... I just walk across too many sand flats to get to my holes that its just not practicle for me to carry an igloo and heavy battery. I got 3-4 guys that we go with all the time that know exactly what they are looking for too! Anytime! Anytime!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I dont use an ice chest Wayner... I usually drag my flounder using my BassPro Shops stringer... It holds the fish in the direction I am walking keeping them alive longer than any other stringers... I use a Deer Feeder Battery and carry an extra one... I just walk across too many sand flats to get to my holes that its just not practicle for me to carry an igloo and heavy battery. I got 3-4 guys that we go with all the time that know exactly what they are looking for too! Anytime! Anytime!!
          Man you should let me drop you off on the long sandbar that runs the length of the channel next to mud island...big fish there, enough to pick and choose.
          I can almost promise you will pass up 50 16 inchers in search of the 18-20 inchers there. Real quality gigging there. There are also about 3 main drains off the sandbars feeding from the flats, they are a bonanza but you gotta know what you are looking for. We stay in touch by either FRS radios or waving a gigging light wildly in the direction of the mother boat.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I could do that.

Comment

WestEndAngler,
              What kind of light rig are you using? Can you post a photo of it?
              Wayner

Comment

Gigging

How is everyone doing? My family and I was scared, and we did not get power at our house until earlier this week. Now that we have power I am ready to do some more gigging!! But let me know if there is a spot for me.

Comment

photos of light...

Originally posted by Wayner View Post

WestEndAngler,
                  What kind of light rig are you using? Can you post a photo of it?
                  Wayner
                  I am using a gig light you can find at Academy... I run it off a deer feeder battery that I carry in my backpack, I couldn't find my batteries there somewhere in the garage all unorganized since I removed them from the bay house...
                  Attached Files

Comment

WestEndAngler,
                    I gotcha. Thanks for taking the time to photo them.

I was to be staying at SLP mid Oct to Dec 1st. Thanks to Ike, that is not going to happen. I've change my plans and I'm going to Port A. Was able to get reservations yesterday. Never flounder there before. Do you know anything about that area?
                    Wayner

Comment

We have a few members that might be abe to help you, I am not familiar with that area... I would suggest posting a new thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X