Slp - 7/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slp - 7/19

A good day at SLP 7/19- got there 6:30am and to our surprise, there were 4 boats already on the spot...imagine that! We were only boat slamming specs on live shrimp until 9am and then the current slowed dramatically. We were going to leave when the boat next to us who rarely hooked up earlier, hauled some bigger ones 21-25" and a couple over (on croaker)...good lesson learned. The boat next to us gave us some before leaving..nice guys!!My buddy picked up the 27" on croaker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7-19-08-san luis bridge3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	563788

Name:	7-19-08 - san luis Bridge.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	563789

Name:	7-19-08 - san luis Bridge2.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	563790

Westend - you saw this on 2cool
    p.s. My red was a bonus surprise at SLP!

I still cant believe Ryan walked away with that... He'll be telling that story for years... How much did it weigh? Was it STAR worthy?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

no...didn't weigh...but it was enough for dinner

Comment

Haven't had a whole lotta luck in West bay this year!!
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          Haven't had a whole lotta luck in West bay this year!!
          You would just listen to me and report you would catch fish. Current is problem and wind, must have big bait to catch big fish like me.

Comment

Originally posted by boashna View Post
            You would just listen to me and report you would catch fish. Current is problem and wind, must have big bait to catch big fish like me.
            Like these??????

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...2&page=1&pp=10

Comment

Yes, everyon know I catch fish. Every time I go fish bite. I watch current and tide and wind for best catching. Also big bait, shrimp my favrite.

Comment

Yes, everyon know I catch fish. Every time I go fish bite. I watch current and tide and wind for best catching. Also big bait, shrimp my favrite.
                What happened on this trip??

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/sh...d.php?t=175771

Comment

At least my boat don't sink.

Comment

I would knock on wood if I were you and keep knocking until your boating days are over because you never know what can happen!! There's been many captains alot better than me sink boats and not live to tell about it. And if you do sink(and I hope you don't) I hope you are as prepared as I was because it happens fast my friend. They haven't made a boat yet that is unsinkable so always be on your toes because it'll bite you!!

Comment

Lmfao!!

Oh brotha! He got you Mike!!

Comment

I would knock on wood if I were you and keep knocking until your boating days are over because you never know what can happen!! There's been many captains alot better than me sink boats and not live to tell about it. And if you do sink(and I hope you don't) I hope you are as prepared as I was because it happens fast my friend. They haven't made a boat yet that is unsinkable so always be on your toes because it'll bite you!!

Did someone say Robalo??? I heard about a Robalo that could jump Geo-Tubes.... Also heard about one that ran into the South Jetty and floated home to tell the story... Some major impacts and the boat keeps plugging along...

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          Did someone say Robalo??? I heard about a Robalo that could jump Geo-Tubes.... Also heard about one that ran into the South Jetty and floated home to tell the story... Some major impacts and the boat keeps plugging along...
                          Yep!! It was a Robalo that hit the South jetty and 7 hours later it was still floating! IMO it's a pretty tough boat to survive that sort of high speed impact and still remain intact.

Comment

Working...
                          X