Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Hello

Whats up guys?

I do not know why it took me so dang long to find this site.... But sure glad I did!!

Originally from San Diego. Ahhhh yes, the days where depth was NEVER a problem. depth could be 50 ft under the bridge (has to be so deep for the nuclear carriers, med ships, T-AOEs, the Stockdale)

My girlfriends parents let me keep my 77 23' robalo cuddy at their place in laffites and have not had many chances to go fish. I have hit Carancahua (HOW THE HELL DO YOU PRONOUNCE IT?!) once or twice, Green's reef and have chased the birds around east of Carancahua and Confederates.
    As far as fishing goes, the West Bay and West Coast fishing couldnt be more different.

This website helps out A LOT!

Welcome! I have fished on the West coast also.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome to the west bay
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Carranchua or Karankawa same pronunctiation...

Ka⋅ran⋅ka⋅wa  /kəˈræŋkəˌwɑ, -ˌwɔ, -wə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuh-rang-kuh-wah, -waw, -wuh] Show IPA
          –noun, plural -was, (especially collectively) -wa for 1. 1. a member of an extinct tribe of North American Indians who lived in southeastern Texas until the mid 19th century.
          2. the language of the Karankawa.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

007... Whered you fish?

To everyone: I need a transom job done on the Balo... any help?

Comment

Originally posted by sfef84 View Post

007... Whered you fish?

Catalina Island.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I need a transom job done on the Balo... any help?
                PM billytoj they had there Robalo completely overhauled he can point you in the right direction as I'm sure others on here can chime in with there favorite service / repair shops.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

007... Whered you fish?

Robalo also had his redone so you may hit him up.

As for the bay it's a shallow one but definately more forgiving than further down the coast. East bay runs deeper and has many many opportunities to catch some nice fish in deeper water but West Bay is where I live too so it's the Bay I've warmed to. It's definately not Cali fishing. When I fished Coronato Islands and the surroundings it was like our offshore reef fishing here. Beautiful whale watching too until the orcas moved in and went at a mother and her calf. West Bay is harder to master than East Bay but then again that's why we are more of a tribe than the free for all of East Bay.

Follow the bait, water color and color changes, current movement and structure (reefs, inlets, geotubes, grass, sand bars, guts). Sounds like a lot but really no more than a bass fisherman would do when out on the hunt for fish. You can spend a fortune in what everybody else is catching fish on. Find a few staples that you have confidence in and give em hll! West Bay follows a sayign of my great uncle... some days sht... some days suga.

Good luck to ya and hope you get some suga from the bay

Joe

Comment

Welcome board!
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome and I've caught a good number of Striper out of SF Bay up near Vallejo. I spent some time at Mare Island Naval Station back in the 80s when I was in the military.
                      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Welcome!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I've never fished the "left coast"

I'm glad you got out of the land of fruits and nuts

Welcome aboard!
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                          X