5-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-28

GHSmacker and myself got up early this morning to see if we could get some fish before the sun came up. Pulled up around around 5:15 and hoped out of the boat and started throwing topwaters. The bite was definately not there, only one blowup between the two of us is all the action we saw. After this we hit a shoreline and still struggled . Saw some birds working so we drifted through them a few times and caught about 10-15 trout total with only 3 being keepers. Made one last wade along the south shoreline, this is when the wind started crankin and the bay got pretty rough. We didn't get any hits but did see some jacks tearing through bait. The wind is blowing N or NE (been switching allot lately) and the bay is starting to get pretty sandy/off color.

Good news is there is some nice green water not too far off the beach, if the wind dies down hopefully it will make it to the beach by tomorrow morning.

The wind is looking good for Saturday and Sunday, which might make the surf more appealing.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you did.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report, at least ya'll caught a few

Comment

Thanks for the report. Better to get to wet a line than be stuck all day at work like me. I think the surf will be good this weekend

Comment

thanks man... get on next time

Comment

I must have caught 50 1/4" from legal trout over the weekend... Was that the size yall were seeing?
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yeah they were mostly all 14 1/2". Travis did catch one that was 17 1/2. Thought that was a pretty good trout for the birds.

Comment

i fished sat and sunday fishing mainly the gut in Jumbile and the reefs on the north shore... the trout were scattered but we were on some sollid fish. nothing under 20" and a few over 26" .

same thing this am.. they are likeing the light colored fat boys and the pepper chart ttk2's... found more red fish this morning though. but there were a few good trout in with them. i was on the south side of trinity this am. around smith point wading shell.

found the dinks under birds and stoped that quick.

Comment

Poon, were you tucked way back up there on Saturday wading? I was in the Camo Boat drifting, picked up MilkJug in his Kayak and came back over there after I boated a few...
                  Last edited by WestEndAngler; May 28, 2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

That was us... if that was you in the duck boat. i saw one of yall stick a nice trout... There was thre of wading towrds the gulf from my boat.

was that yall??

Comment

Yeah, that was me!

Comment

Photo

Look something like this? all my photos are of me drinking
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          Look something like this? all my photos are of me drinking

Thats it... now i know... next time you see me wading just help yourself to a nice cold Shiner from cooler!!!

Comment

Sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by Poon Chaser View Post
                              Thats it... now i know... next time you see me wading just help yourself to a nice cold Shiner from cooler!!!
                              You didn't bring Shiner the last time that we fished!!

Attached Files
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X