using lures unstead of gig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using lures unstead of gig?

Has anyone ever gone giging using a lure or live bait to catch the flounder by dangling it infront of its face when you see it instead of stabing it in the face with a sharp stick? I allways wanted to do this but dont have giging gear. Anyway i just wanted to see if anyone has ever tried it.

I haven't tried it but wondered the same thing... Seems like it could work... might be similar to like pitching to a bass.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I have done it and it is a hoot. It is a good way to study how flounder bite and will make you a better rod and reel fisherman. Give it a try, you'll never forget it.
      Wayner
      Children are pieces of our heart running around outside of our body.

Comment

I myself have thought about doing this but for entirly of reasons I am not ready to disclose.

I would had thought they would not take the bait because of the light in there face but then again, if its been tried and it worked, I can possibly forsee a new boat motor and trailer for free in my future.

Hi Wayne and thanks for directing me to this web site. This is the only web site I know of that has a true, dedicated gigging sub-forum other than the
        "Pensacola Fishing Forum" in Florida.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Welcome guys, BCJC actually brought his rod & reel out there with us the last time we went gigging... He dangled it but I think more time was spent trying to locate the reel after it slipped out of the backpack. We gig a lot on foot near Sea Isle all the way down to SLP.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hello 2112,
            I was stumbling around over at 2cool and some how fell in the door over here. Saw their giggin forum and thought of you right off.

Thanks to you WestEndAngler for the welcome. Looking forward to visiting here often.

Wayner
            Children are pieces of our heart running around outside of our body.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayner View Post
              Hello 2112,
              I was stumbling around over at 2cool and some how fell in the door over here. Saw their giggin forum and thought of you right off.

Thanks to you WestEndAngler for the welcome. Looking forward to visiting here often.

Wayner
              Yeah, me to, thanks for this place. Hopefully this gigging forum will catch on.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
              X