5/30/2009 Early!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/30/2009 Early!

Hit the Galveston Lagoon with my kinfolk Wish-Bone this morning at o'dark thirty. Caught a 17 1/2 " Speck on Bone Top water and a 22" red on the same!Cuz caught a 17" Speck on morning glory assassin. That's my first red on top, it made a serious hole in the water when it hit. Amazing!
    Looking forward to next Friday! Last Day of School! Yes!
    That is all!
    Moe
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Nice job Moe! Glad to see you back on the water. Those are some nice topwater fish fore sure. I hope you get more like that.

Look out everyone, Moe is on the loose after next weekend. Quality fish must hide...Im not joking!

Comment

Way to go moe. Reds on top are the best!
      Summer is coming!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report. Good job on the red

Comment

Hey Moe hit me up when you finish School. We can do an afternoon wade of the other lagoon some day!

Comment

FP10- You can count on it!

Comment

Good deal, thanks for the report.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

nice catching,congrats
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report. Was this the lagoon on the E. end of the island before the turning to E. Beach? That place had its connection to the HSC silted in for a while, but when I drove by Memorial Day weekend, it looked like they had tried to open it. That spot is only 5 minutes drive from me, hope they keep it open for quick early morning trips and gigging.

Comment

What kind of structure is in that lagoon?

I've passed by it a couple of times, but never fished it myself. Can you wade across the whole thing?
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Near the bridge and the opening to the HSC, its sandy with a deeper cut that runs on the N. side. This is the best area to fish. Heading W., it becomes more muddy with small amounts of shell near the bank.

No, it's about 8' deep in the middle or so. One of my first times gigging, I went there and gigged down the shoreline 1/2 mile or so. I decided I wanted to get to the other side, and didn't want to walk down already-gigged shoreline. I decide to swim across and hold my gear over my head. This is fully clothed with wading boots, etc. Anyway, 1/3 of the way across I realize this isn't going to work and lower all the stuff into the water. Still having a hard time swimming, and the worse thing was that since the top of my face was all I could keep above water, that's where the skeeters were swarming. I was sucking one into my lungs every 10 seconds or so while struggling to keep my head above water and breathe. Actually kind of worried about drowning for a while, but I made it across with all my gear... Scary/dumb experience I won't do again.

Comment

Yes, it is at the east end of Galvez. They cleared the silt out last Thursday and the tide is moving in/out relatively well. Milkjug gave a good description. Since Ike, the bottom is a little more muddy but it's an easy wade down either shoreline. You have to watch your step, because there are some holes present.

Comment

There was a guy down there Saturday morning that tried walking across! All he got for his trouble was waders full of water! Duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Moe View Post
                            There was a guy down there Saturday morning that tried walking across! All he got for his trouble was waders full of water! Duh!
                            LMAO reminds me of "Dave"... "Somone pop me quick!!"
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X