Cambells to Pelican Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambells to Pelican Island

Headed down to fatboys around 4 30 this morning to avoid the yahoos, launched and headed N of the causeway. I had no plan of any kind just to get out for a bit. The causeway looks nice early in the morning, its all light up like christmass.

Headed in the soup land to see several boats and waders in the area already. I was hoping to find some slicks or anykind of action. I found nothing but low tide and smooth seas.

I took off from there to go to Pelican Island and found several groups of working birds in the midbay area. Lots of sandtrout but did manage 2 specs at 17" and kept two sandies for my cat.

I had three poles set up, first was a cork and the other two with plastics. Since I don't have a tolling motor its more like a blast and cast for me. So, cork goes down...hook up flip it in the boat, grab a glow fire paddle tail and chunk it...tail is gone or another hook up and flip in the boat and use the third one in hopes to find another.

It was some work but a whole lot of fun! Back at the boat ramp before 10 am only to see a line of people still trying to get in and out. I had no problems though and home early enough to maybe try again in the morning. I felt like this dog running from birds to birds,!

sounds like a fun morning Kevin. Glad to see some posts from ya!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks Kevin.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

sounds like a fun morning.thanks for sharing
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
        X