SLP/Cold Pass/Xmas 5/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP/Cold Pass/Xmas 5/30

Started the day off heading out the SLP boat ramp round 6am, while i was hugging the left side i guess my lower unit slammed into something due to the low tide. but all is good cuz i was barely moving.. today was a great day to learn the area with the water being dark bluegreen and the sand bars completely visible... we headed up on the east side of mud island and found some bait working next to a sand bar so i took out my new stake-out stick and made good use of it! We started catching lots of undersized reds 15"-17" and then picked up a 14" flounder and a 20" flounder that went into the donut... My buddy wore shorts while wading and got stung by a jellyfish... they were everywhere!! Mid afternoon we headed over to the bridge and picked up a sheepshead... afterwards we headed through cold pass and found ourselves staring into a flock of seagulls attacking bait in the water.... spent the next 30 minutes pulling in ladyfish underneath them.. they were all HUGE.. close to 20"s... after i caught 10+ we got tired and headed into cold pass.. was working the south shoreline and picked up 2 specks.. both around 18". let the second one go b/c it looked like it sustained a shark attack not long ago. dunno what was going on but there were HUGE fish attacking mullets in the flats.. looked like little surf waves with all the mullet trying to flee... Left around 5pm. Fun day!

Never really used artificial before but i was throwing soft plastics the whole day and didnt get a single hit...
    Attached Files

Nice going Slyell. Lots of fun catchin' those rats and ladyfish.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

any day on the water is fun.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

You might have bumped a picnic table ,007 says there 's two of them in there.
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Way to stay at them and thanks for the report!
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Yep!! There's still 5 picnic tables in the lagoon and 3 of them can be hazzards on a low tide. The next time ya'll are out in that area stop by and have a beer.
            I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Thats what i thought it might have been... May just do that 007! How do i get to where yall are???

Comment

nice catching
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice work. 20" flounder is goodun'... meal for 2!

Comment

Working...
                  X