Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Day

Ran out about 5 miles through the pass in buddy's 24' Pioneer. Had our bay gear and three bigger rod and reels. Started floating sardines and it did not take long for the kingfish bite. Caught several early then added some Spanish. After an hour, we both looked to the port and saw a mahi lazily checking out the shade of the boat which set off a scramble for a rod. Mark had a sardine in close on his bay gear and the fish nailed it. Spooled him out a bit and then started dancing for us. There are very few fish out there that rival these bad boys in beauty. Got her in and boxed because they are also outstanding on the grill. Kept the lines out there and something jumped on my big rod. I grabbed hold and this fish had it bend over like a small ugly stick and ripping line. All I could do was hold on because this dude was running and NOTHING was going to slow him down. Worked him about fifteen minutes or he worked me before I finally started making some headway. Once I worked the fish back to where we started, it made a dash to the rig and broke off. Never know what it was but what a blast that was! Guessing either a very large ling or bull. Wound up with a few in the box, several released, and many broke lines due to light gear after goof fights. Blue water is surely pretty and worth the run out of the bay every so often

Brad
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Thanks for the report. Sounds like yall had a blast

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun....Thanks,
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Heck of a nice Dorado BTC. I was gonna trade you two my trout for it but knew that'd never happen!! Was wondering how you all were doing-thought you and Mark said you were gonna hit the surf and work it-was surprised when he showed me your big dorado-nice report also!!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

nice catch.congrats.looks fun
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Beautiful fish! Thanks for the report.

Joe

Comment

Nice report. Good time on the water

Comment

Nice Dodo for 5 miles... what port???

Comment

Very nice! I'm with Tiny, where'd you leave out of?
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

They left outta Jamaica Beach next door to my house-AND THEY DIDN'T EVEN INVITE ME!!! Mark runs thru SLP in his new Pioneer after Ike destroyed his 22 Cuddy ProKat. Mark is darn good at finding fish-he's nailed a nice sailfish in 273 area and caught Wahoo 12 miles out!!! He's a helluva neighbor-shoot first, then ask!! Couldn't ask for a better neighbor. BTC is just OK though!! J/K Brad!!

They caught the mahi around the old GA 273 area-not far out straight from Pirates.
                    Last edited by Robalo; June 3, 2009, 12:28 PM.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Those mahi are gorgeous before they lose their color. I'd love to get one of 'em.

Comment

Working...
                      X