Decking and carpet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decking and carpet

So I'm gonna re-deck my boat its an 18ft alweld the guy who had it before me decked it with half inch any suggestions what to go back with or is 1/2 okay. My second question is wat kind of carpet just regular outdoor astro turf or wat?

Thanks

I put marine grade that had a rubber backing on my old jon. I used adhesive & rolled it on the boat & carpet. A lot of prep work & cutting, test fitting etc. But it turned out great. Check it out at the link below...

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Looks damn good so is that 1/2" sheets ? Wat kind of carpet did u use and wat kind of adhesive and did the adhesive hold up well?

Comment

She need a lil work but ain't bad at all for as cheap as I got it! First thing going are them rails I don't know why the hell they are there but I hate them!

Comment

Those rails look like they are for hanging FWE Banners.
          Beandaddy

Comment

Extend them with some pvc pipe and put your blue tarp over to block the sun! or put some fishin rod holders on em. Who cares what they look like!! .......... Dude you got a nice rig there!!
            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Hahaha noway them rails are going bye bye i just cant stand em hahahaha ! And thanks !

Comment

They will make a nice leaning post. Before you cut em off take it fishing. But yes they look a little out of place
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I'd keep 'em! Those rails are to keep me from falling off when I've had too many! LOL!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice rig, fish out of it a few times before cutting the rails off.

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINFREAK View Post
                      Looks damn good so is that 1/2" sheets ? Wat kind of carpet did u use and wat kind of adhesive and did the adhesive hold up well?
                      Use marine carpet and contact cement adhesive that can be found at any flooring supply co. or even home depot in the flooring dept. trick is you have to put in on the surface your covering and the backing of the carpet. Nice Rig!

Comment

Well I'm more than likely gonna take it out before I'm gonna cut them off but I'm still probably cutting them off Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by pieman View Post
                          Use marine carpet and contact cement adhesive that can be found at any flooring supply co. or even home depot in the flooring dept. trick is you have to put in on the surface your covering and the backing of the carpet. Nice Rig!
                          Okay great thanks alot!

Comment

As someone.who has seen this boat in person , cut off the.rails or I will do it for you lol
                            I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
                              As someone.who has seen this boat in person , cut off the.rails or I will do it for you lol
                              Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X