5/31 007's Secret Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/31 007's Secret Hole

Well my son and I had planned to go join the guys at Da Camp but it wasn't in the cards as my wife had a sick horse and we couldn't leave her without the truck. Things worked out alright though, the horse was better this morning momma said go get her some more flounder. We were waiting for her to say go becasue we did a little scouting yesterday evening and found a place to put our yaks in that wasn't much of a paddle to the Secret Hole.

Things didn't look too good to start with as the tide was dead low but the water looked pretty good. We went ahead and started fishing and it wasn't long before Josh had a nice 17 inch flounder in his yak. That gave use a little hope but we didn't get another bite for over an hour. However as soon as the tide started coming in it was on. First I nailed a beautful 20 inch flounder, then I lost another one. Josh was in front of me and I guess he was keeping the croakers off my bait because that was what he was catching. Then I put a 17 inch trout in the basket followed by a flounder that was really close and might have measured but I set him free. The next hit was a fat 20 trout and in the basket she went as well. Next I lost two flounder right at the yak both of which were good fish in the 16-17 inch class.

Then there were three boats that ran over the spot I was catching fish and they either left or quit biting. It really wasn't the boats fault as that was the only place they could pass, but it was just bad timing. Anyway we gave them about another hour and headed for home. All in all it was a good trip, with 2 flounder and 2 trout between us, with all the fish coming on gulp jerk shad and it didn't seem to matter what color. Here are some pics
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bountyhunter; May 31, 2009, 05:19 PM.
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Thanks for the report.

Flounders is always good!
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice....Thanks for reporting!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Don't be pimpin out my honey hole!!!!!!

Good to see that ya'll caught some fish that momma likes!!
          I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

No pimpin here, that's why there aren't any on location pictures.

Mom was very happy, too bad I didn't land the other two. I caught all of them around the corner and down the bayou from where we fished. They were in the channel and hit when I worked it up over the edge.
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
              No pimpin here, that's why there aren't any on location pictures.

Mom was very happy, too bad I didn't land the other two. I caught all of them around the corner and down the bayou from where we fished. They were in the channel and hit when I worked it up over the edge.
              It's all good bro! As long as Momma is happy, everyone is happy.

Comment

Yaks are the way to go in there, you can really sneak around and not disturb the fish. It was really nice until about noon when all the boats started showing up. They were all runnin down the bayou, not sure where they were headed.

Comment

Yaks are the way to go in there, you can really sneak around and not disturb the fish. It was really nice until about noon when all the boats started showing up. They were all runnin down the bayou, not sure where they were headed.
                  All together now.....................Tournament time!! There were 3 different tournaments going on this weekend.

Comment

This weekend we are going to work on our camp so I'll be out of fishing action. Go git'em

Comment

This weekend we are going to work on our camp so I'll be out of fishing action. Go git'em
                      I'm doing the "Fishing for Heros" thing again tomorrow...........then it'll be solid work thru the weekend with maybe Sunday at the camp.

Comment

Thanks for the report BH-good flatties!!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

dang....007's got secret holes now?

Comment

Working...
                          X