Bad Saturday!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Saturday!!!!!!!!!

Hit the surf early Saturday morning to find calm trout green water that looked very promising. Fished till 8:30 and threw everything I had in my wading box to get 2 little bumps and thats it. Only saw to other fish caught that morning and neither one of those looked like quality fish. Thanks Inhammer for meeting up.

Got out of the water early so I could head home, get cleaned up and head to Port Neches to pick my boat from the dealer. Had my 20 hour service done, minor adjustments on the boat and trailer, cost me around $350 bucks. Headed home on I-10, boat in tow, got just past Hwy 146 and there was a construction zone that shut it down from 3 lanes to 2. Saw a car trapped in the lane that end and was stopped on the freeway, it keep trying to nudge its way into traffic but cars wouldn't let them in. So as I get closer to them they decide to try to come out, I slam on my brakes, ABS kicking in, brakes locking up and I hear a loud horn behind me to see an 18 wheeler in the bed of my truck and its trailer starting to come sideways. I decided to punch it and go into the other lane and BAM! The car it my boat and trailer. I limped off the exit ramp and jumped out of my truck to ruin the persons day that just ruined mine. When I got close to the car I saw it was an elderly lady that was very scared and upset, wouldn't stop crying for over 30 minutes, I felt horrible for her. She got trapped and wasn't used to driving the freeway and I imagine this is going to be her last time on the freeway.

The trailer has a lot of damage to it all the way down the pass side. I think it bent the axle down, blew out the tire and ruined the rim. The boat shifted on the trailer and the bunk boards shifted sideways and the metal brackets went into the fiberglass of the boat. Needless to say it is being Towed back to the dealer Monday morning and I bet it will be at least a month before I get it back. I have had the boat for 6 months and it was been in the shop already for 10 weeks and her go for some more time. I love the boat when I have it but damn it has been one problem after another from day one! You don't expect that from a brand new boat. Oh well guess I will be doing a lot of wade fishing or bumming rides for awhile.

That sure sucks......You can go with me anytime if you want to run in my little boat.
    It was good to meet you and we will hook up again sometime!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

man sorry to hear that. at least everyone was okay. but pefect timing to lose your boat for the start of summer
      XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro! I'm always looking for someone to fish with........give me a days notice and we can take my boat until yours is ready.

832 352 0104 Mike
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Man, that's horrible! You should have to take a yearly drivers test after the age of 70 should be law!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

that sux!hope you get it back soon
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I will drink one for the boat bud.
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Yea it has been a pretty frustrating experience with this new boat but what can you can. Thanks guys for the fishing offers. I might have to take yall up on them

Comment

Man, Im sorry to hear about that. What a drag.
                  Sometime maybe we can make a trip in my rig until yours is ready.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

That is terrible. Sorry to hear that. Hope they fix her soon!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yeah I would have to say that is a bad Saturday. Sorry to hear that man.

Comment

So what I thought was an old sweet lady that hit me is now telling her insurance company that I clipped her with the boat. What???? She was merging into my lane not the other way around. So her insurance company is saying they are not taking responsibilty for this at this time. I told them fine, I have a claim with my company and I will let yall battle it out in court. What a freaking headcahe!!!!!!!!

So again I appreciate the over from yall offering for me to go out on yalls boat sometime Inhammer and 007. 2112 anytime you have a spot on your floundering rig please let me know. I have gigged flounder for a long time but I have never done it on a boat like yours and would love to see the difference from walking the shorelines

Comment

Did you get a police report? That has happened to me a few times, man that is some bs!

Comment

Just curious what make of boat you have and what problems you been having other then the old lady?

Comment

Yeah I got a police case # but she didnt give me a copy of the report, said it would be mailed to me. Sounds like crap to me but its the police what can I do

The other issues I have had with the boat were minor things. The trailer wasnt set up properly when I 1st got it. That back of the trailer was higher than the front so it would stick on the trailer when trying to launch it. That was fixed but now I think the trailer will be totalled and hopefully I get a new one

The other issue was a pinched fuel line under the kowl from the factory that was causing my motor to die while driving. I took it to Finish Line Marine in Hitchcock and they keep it for over month a charged me $110 bucks and didnt fix a thing. They said they found my fuel pick up sucking air and they resealed it and it was fixed. Took it after I picked it up and within 5 minutes it died again. I didnt go back to Finish Line and took it to The Boat Ramp in Port Neches and they had it fixed in less than 2 weeks. They found the pinched fuel line and were just stand up guys from the day I dropped it off there. I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X