West Bay 5/29 5/30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 5/29 5/30

Hit north shoreline of West Bay. By 10 am Friday we (3 of us) had 28 trout strung. First we tried South shoreline-tide was low, bait was present but no action and we moved to north shoreline. Used tops, corks with shrimp and croakers. No big trout (22"), but lots of 16-18" trout. No reds. Saturday went to same spot. By 10 am had 20 trout between 3 of us on live shrimp under corks and it turned off pretty much. Moved to Snake Island cove and nada at about 11. Moved east to Jumbile and caught several dinks and then moved again and picked up 2 more keeper trout. Also hit SLP Bridge Friday about 1 pm. One 22" red, several sharks and lost a big ray-all on croakers at SLP.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Jerry where are you getting your croakers?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Steve at Sea Isle had them.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report Jerry. Glad you had a chance to get out and grab some fish. I was in Austin this last weekend so I missed the bite but my dad called and said he got some good trout Saturday too.

By the way Steve in Sea Isle has committed to keeping shrimp and live Croakers, plus frozen shad and ribbonfish. He upens earlier on weekends and holidays, has his own boat and kept bait the whole holiday weekend a week ago minus a couple of hours till the boat came back in. Being available from the water makes him a good resource when you want some live.

Joe

Comment

sounds like a fun weekend.congrats on the catch
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

what time does Steve's bait camp open? (weekdays and weekends)

Comment

Originally posted by ceeque View Post
              what time does Steve's bait camp open? (weekdays and weekends)
              For the holiday he opened at 5:30am every morning and stayed until it died in the evening, about 8:30pm. He said he will normally do an early morning to 5pm thing but is perfectly willing to change his hours to accomodate weekends or periods where more people are coming in. He did say he may close early on a Tues or Wed if it's dead. I have his number but left it in JB. Saturday before I had some bait but knew I would run out. I called him and he answered while on his shrimp boat, told me when he'd be back in and sure enough he was. Went by and got a load straight off the boat.

I told him I had a few buddies that would appreciate knwoing he kept shrimp and live croakers on hand. He also said he'd take special requests to bring in whatever you want- dead or alive as long as it's out there, for people going offshore and want a specific bait.

Joe

Comment

Good job Robalo on your catch this past weekend.

Thanks Race1Mopar for the bait info

Comment

Good work Jerry! Nice to catch that many in a short period of time.
                  LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

nice report and thanks for the info.. capt. steves number is 409-443-1403
                    Boats and hoes.

Comment

Where is Steve's bait camp. He seems to have a bait shop I want to frequent. Thanks

David C. L'Heureux
                      ET2(SW/AW) USN RET
                      100% Disabled Veteran

Comment

Nice catchin' Robalo!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report
                          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

dhkd:

Sea Isle Marina-he just opened up a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X