8/18 Gigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/18 Gigging

Well ya'll got me hooked on this gigging stuff. Even though I didn't get any on Friday's trip, it was enough just seeing other people stick their flatties and looking at all the cool life on the flats. Went out and bought a kit for myself on Sunday and with the wind laying down I hit it at 3am for the incoming tide. Waded around and found a 16"er right off the bat. Got him on the stringer and waded around for the next few hours with nothing. Finally get to a better spot and start seeing beds all over the place. Walk up onto a nice 18"er. Man it sure is exciting when your light shines onto a big 'un. At the end of the wade, I went back over to the place where I started and found tons of large beds. I had been over that spot 2 hours ago and only got the small one..... After I left, I fished the surf and got one 19" speck on a topwater off the seawall.

I know it's not an impressive gigging stringer but I'm damn proud of it

My be careful out there by yourself. I go just about every weekend so if you want to go just pm me.

Comment

Nice flatties!
      Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

I can't wait to do it again!!!!
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Come on Mike... You floated the lazy river 4 times and said "Well I guess I'm not cut out for gigging"
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
            Come on Mike... You floated the lazy river 4 times and said "Well I guess I'm not cut out for gigging"

That's because we made THAT stop before we started!!

Comment

Yah thanks for the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                Yah thanks for the shot!
                It was good though!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crappieman32175 View Post
                  My be careful out there by yourself. I go just about every weekend so if you want to go just pm me.
                  Second that anytime anyone is going and needs some company on the weekend or at night give me a shout.

Comment

Those some solid flounder... If I go out and only gig 1 I am happy... Food for later and thats all I need til next weekend.

Comment

Congratulations!

There is nothing like Flounder gigging and nothing like your first kill.

My poor tackle boxes and rods and reels are coated in a thick layer of dust.
                      I live for the hunt.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
                      X