leaf footed bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaf footed bugs

how do I kill them besides popping them like a pimple? They are starting to piss me off.

Are those the ones that look like stink bugs that leave yellow spots on your tomatoes?
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Spray can of brake cleaner with straw attached & a lighter, kills the bugs & cooks the tomatoes at the same time.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        Are those the ones that look like stink bugs that leave yellow spots on your tomatoes?

yes

Comment

I use some kind of ortho vegetable insect killer they have at Lowes. Seems to get rid of em pretty good. I'm not one of those no chemical guys though -- maybe some of the home remedy organic dudes will weigh in with some soluition.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I'm not above using chemicals to kill these things. I've been using a pair of needle nose to kill them but they always come back.

Comment

I'll look at that stuff this evening and post up what it is -- in the meantime rub on a squash and dance in a circle while chanting something profound -- works for the bugs are your friend people..
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Hopefully all you organic only dudes out there know that I'm kidding -- If you can get something to grow to maturity without using chemicals, more power to ya! I'm just not patient enough.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I'll bet if Gilbert peed on them it would kill them..
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    how do I kill them besides popping them like a pimple? They are starting to piss me off.
                    Seaweed or fish emulsion w/ molasses & orange oil will get rid of most pests. It will however, kill some of the smaller beneficial insects. If you spray regularly with Garrett Juice or other similar product (organic), it will eliminate most problems before they start. I've even used Garlic before minced up & sprayed it over plants.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Here ya go Gilbert.
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                        Spray can of brake cleaner with straw attached & a lighter, kills the bugs & cooks the tomatoes at the same time.
                        lmao
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post

Here ya go Gilbert.

thanks. If I see them come back I'm going to get some of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                            ....I didn't have one stink bug last year as I made sure that I had some good old okra planted. The okra drew in the aphids....which in turn drew in the ladybugs....which ate the juvenile stink bugs! The baby stink bugs you will see in tight clusters and they look orange in color.

The ladybugs were thicker than I have ever seen and to sit out back watching them devour the baby stinks was a sight to see. I didn't realize they were so agressive!

I have 2 okra plants going. I did see about 6 lady bugs in the garden last night. Maybe they will keep the stink bugs gone.

Comment

NEM OIL could keep them from wanting to get on the plant - and I believe its organic
                              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Working...
                              X