Bull Red Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull Red Tournament

Tiny, I think I might ask for your help with this one... We've held a Black Drum tournament in the past but I think we need to do one in late September early October for Bull Reds! Any thoughts?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    Tiny, I think I might ask for your help with this one... We've held a Black Drum tournament in the past but I think we need to do one in late September early October for Bull Reds! Any thoughts?
    Yes! Leave it up to the experts!!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I can maybe help you out a little on this.... But it will cost ya...

Are you talking live, cpr, tagged????

Comment

CPR... In the past we've fished a certain time period the heaviest fish usually has one it... Gross weight won last year (total weight of all fish)... I dont wanna keep a Black Drum... How can we be fair?

Comment

Maybe do a point's system like BEVO/FISHING/HUNTING with the billfish tourney on 2cool???

Have them measure the fish take a picture w/ time stamp or color of the week.

Run the Tourney from the Middle of September to November 1st.. $20 entry fee and payout 1st through 3rd?????

Post info on the tourney on the other boards and make a forum specifically for the tourney and each entrant has there own thread with the reds they caught... also say it is a minimum of 30" to be in the tourney...

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            Maybe do a point's system like BEVO/FISHING/HUNTING with the billfish tourney on 2cool???

Have them measure the fish take a picture w/ time stamp or color of the week.

Run the Tourney from the Middle of September to November 1st.. $20 entry fee and payout 1st through 3rd?????

Post info on the tourney on the other boards and make a forum specifically for the tourney and each entrant has there own thread with the reds they
            caught... also say it is a minimum of 30" to be in the tourney...

That sounds doable i like the whole color of the week thing because i don't have a camera that date stamps. Then again i probablly wont catch one so it's all good.

Comment

Sounds like it could work Tiny... I like the idea of a prolonged tourney etc. We should keep it basic some people aren't that smart

How effective is the color of the week option?

Comment

Sounds like it could work Tiny... I like the idea of a prolonged tourney etc. We should keep it basic some people aren't that smart

How effective is the color of the week option?
                Like Tiny said.....it works for the 2cool billfish blast and those boys are payin $250 apiece for that tourney. It'll work on the honor system. I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Comment

Give me a rundown on how it works...

Comment

Give me a rundown on how it works...
                    Monday will be the beginning of the week. You'll designate a color for the week which will end on Sunday. Take a picture of your red with that week's color in the pic. The way that they do it is on a point system...Say any red in the slot would be worth 1 point. (and you can keep those) Any thing over 28" will be worth 2 points. And I would guess (Tiny..chime in here) that your 1 tagged bull would be worth 3 points. Which means that you could only catch 1 fish worth 3 points. At the end of the tournament the person with the most points wins. These rules are not set in stone and would be subject to modification based on how everyone would want to do it. Just a little food for thought!!

Comment

okay. assuming everyone had aqua blue and midnight black on hand

Comment

okay. assuming everyone had aqua blue and midnight black on hand
                        Just keep it basic GOOFBALL! Kinda like your favorite colors of the rainbow!! I'm sure you've got all of them on hand!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Seriously!! Do you have a better idea???

Comment

I don't think that every bull red over 28 should be worth 2 points i think a 42 inch bull red should be worth more than a 32 inch bull red. Also if it's a BULL RED tourny then slot reds shouldn't count. You could do it by total length as opposed to total weight. This way the people that catch the larger bull reds are rewarded instead of someone that catches 50 29 inch bull red. Also, I think the size should start at 32 just trying to keep honest people from strecthing fish lol. Sorry to knock your idea mike i just think larger fish should be awarded more points. As for the colors yeah yellow orange green blue black everyone got something lying around there house in these colors.

Comment

Working...
                              X