Stormy Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stormy Wednesday

Took Jeremy out for some red chasing yesterday. On the way out we saw some small groups of birds working as the storm was going by us to the East. They were strange in that the groups were only a few birds and would only dive occasionally and were moving very quickly. I think it may be because the water was so off color that they were having a hard time staying on the bait. The storm was really cool to watch going by and we only got a few drops on us.
    We ran to the first school and pulled out 2 trout, but the wind was throwing us around and we couldn't stay on them.
    Saw a few more groups working and went on to the next one. Jeremy hooks up and drag screams for about 30 seconds and then POP...she's gone. We then have a double hook-up with a rat red and a trout for me.
    Caught a couple more little trout and decided we needed to get moving and find some reds so we hit some marsh drains in the back lakes.
    There was no bait moving out of any of the drains with the tide and we couldn't find any reds so we moved back out and found some more birds working the shorelines. I hooked up with a really nice trout around 23"-24" and lost her at the boat while reaching for the net.
    next group we found working down the shoreline really quickly and he hooks up with a nice slot red. He hooks up again a few casts later and I hook up with him for our 2nd double of the day. After that, it died off and we ran back in.
    Ended the day keeping 3 trout at 16"-17" and 3 slot reds.
    Great evening on the water. The pics won't download. I will try to post some after I clean them this evening.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

nice day of catching.congrats
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good job on the fish. Its always fun chasing the birds and few Reds on the half shell is always nice. What were yall throwing?

Comment

Sorry......We threw tops and tails, but caught most on dark colored tails. Water color was pretty bad.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good job Chip! While you were having fun...I was here at work trying to recover a unit, after a power outage, due to downed power lines from a lightning strike. Not fun...but I just glad someone else was having some!
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good report Chip, can't wait to see the photos... Jeremy did send me a MMS message last night but until the update comes out on this dang Iphone I have to login to some website to view the photo... PITA if you ask me!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Sounds like a good time, thanks for the report.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I still think Chip's "big trout" was a lady fish!! It jumped out of the water right after ir hit and I never saw it after that, lol.

Comment

Oh yeah....Hey Chip tell them the story about how you ran aground in the ship channel!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the report Chip and Jer.

Hey Jer, they wouldn't be the first time he's run aground!
                    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Hey Chip tell them the story about how you ran aground in the ship channel!!!!
                      Jeez does your boat need 40' of water to run?

Nice trip guys, thanks for the report. I'll take that haul any day.

Comment

Moe we ran aground more than once, but that is expected where we were fishing. Not in the channel though!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                          Good job Chip! While you were having fun...I was here at work trying to recover a unit, after a power outage, due to downed power lines from a lightning strike. Not fun...but I just glad someone else was having some!
                          Do you know Walt Dykema? He was telling me the same thing earlier about a power outage at the plant.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                            Oh yeah....Hey Chip tell them the story about how you ran aground in the ship channel!!!!
                            My copilot wasn't paying attention while I was busy navigating and formulating a plan as to where I could take him so he could actually catch fish! Obviously he has been landlocked too long.

As for the other time, we didn't run aground, we just got a little skinny and ran the motor thru the mud for a while. I don't have a mud motor like COE.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is a pic
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X