Finally #@&% redfish on the fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally #@&% redfish on the fly

It happend yesterday.The God of Flyfishers saw fit to let me have a great day.The weather was near perfect,the tides were one the move and that had the fish hungry.All of the reds that I caught were from Pods that were mudding and pushing bait.I hooked 8 reds landed five and keep two for the grill.The only thing that could have been better was water clarity.It was still murky to muddy,but you could easily see the mud streaks made by the reds.I saw 9 pods that morning with each pod holding 10 to 20 fish each.Redfish Crack was the fly.NO COMPLANTS FROM ME,IT WAS AN AWESOME DAY !

SKIFFSTIFF
    Attached Files

Great work...love this time of year!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report, going out this weekend to give it a try on some of the new ones I have tied lately.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Awesome and congrats! I need to give that a try sometime, but probably just hook my guide in da face on accident.
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Awesome!! Glad to see they are back! I was out monday also and found a few pods tailing over grass on the south shoreline. They seemed to turn off about 10 for me and then had trouble seeing them in the murky water. Today I went to check out the marsh behind jones and found birds working several schools, managed a few more off those and one cruising the shoreline. Again, they just kinda turned off about 10. Did you have the same bite?? I caught most of them off a white shrimp fly. They went after a spoon and some other shrimp looking fly but seemed most agressive for teh white shrimp fly. I'm going to fish tomorow and Thursday also....will post a report later this week. Congrats on your catch!

Comment

Thats great u have more patience than me!

Comment

Swallered it whole! Good job!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Awesome. Weather permitting, I plan on being down in the marshes this weekend with my fly rod.
                Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                and
                Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

I saw the last pod around 1 pm.The first pod was 8:30 AM.
                  SKIFFSTIFF

Comment

Nice going Joe.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X