Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell reefs

They usually scratch my hull!!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Mine too... My 2' draft doesn't like 'em
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Mine too... My 2' draft doesn't like 'em

My 30" shaft doesn't either!!!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

There is shell in west bay???? I love my Majek!
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by majek_maniac View Post
          There is shell in west bay???? I love my Majek!
          I got a 18 shallowsport and I've even found it...it'll happen soon enough.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Yeah, I still go around the shallower reefs to be safe, My biggest fear has always been being thrown from a boat, especially since I have really low sides on mine, so I try to play it safe and always, ALWAYS! wear my kill lanyard. Only had this boat since March, so I know it's only a matter of time. See you out there.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I was thrown from my gulf coast, we were turning and hit a wave buddy lost balance and grabbed throttle went wide open and we spun out... luckily I had the kill switch on...

Unclehandy was thrown from his shoalwater same type scenario, he hit my wake and he was gone... He now wears the kill switch, luckily his bro managed to stay on board and took it off plane, it was a run away boat for a few seconds...

Comment

SCARY!! Not a whole lot scares me. Ive had some wild times in my short days, (Only 24) but being thrown from my boat really scares me. Been thrown before, but wasnt driving luckily. Kill switch lanyards are a very improtant piece of gear, I urge you all to wear them religously. Be safe all.

Sorry to hijack this thread on shell reefs. I hear the shell is still holding fish, 6-8 feet.

Semper Fi!

Comment

This was the first post on this forum board... its okay to get off topic... Nobody cares... (YET)

Comment

I rolled a jon boat a mile out of the SLP one time...if it wasn't for a Mako and a Boston Whaler, I'd of had a long swim home...against the current. Spent about 1 hour dog paddling with a strawberry tout stuck in my foot. Goodtimes now, bad time then. Hopefully we all learn from our mistakes.

Now we're really off topic.
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

We sank a Jon in West Bay... If you want a 30Hp outboard I have the GPS Cord.

Comment

I tied my stringer to my 9.9, went back and got it with help from the Mako. Sprayed out the cylnders with WD40 and it fired off no problem. It was under 12 ft of water for at least an hour. I was amazed.
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

This one could have made it but salvage began 24 hours after sinking due to 15-20mph north winds! which was the reason for it sinking...

Comment

I sank a Jon one time, well not completely sank but the motor did go under.
                            Luckily we were in 4ft of water!! Pulled the boat to the levee, emptied it, took the motor off, flipped it over to get the water out. Then carried every thing to the top of the levee and had to hoof it 2 miles back to the dike to get the car and trailer..

Man fun times!!

Comment

Beach Bum wasn't so lucky... They were racing to get behind a Geo-Tube and somehow the motor cut out at speed and they lost power... Took a few waves and it sank in front of the Geo-Tube... I asked him later why didn't you just beach it?

Comment

Working...
                              X