GREAT Night And I Didn't Gig A Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREAT Night And I Didn't Gig A Fish

My son was in from Texas University recouping from finals and it had been years since we had the chance to go floundering. My granddaughter had never been, so we headed out with me playing indian scout for a few hours Thur. night. SW wind about 10 knots. I ran the trolling motor and took them to a couple of honeyholes. I would spot for them until they got the hang of it and then they could spot them as quickly as I could. A couple of misses and a couple of body shots and they had it down. The big fish in the pic was over 26 inches long and actually broke the gigg handle heading under the boat after being hit. They ended up with 24 and two doormats. The fish ranged from 14 to 26 inches. Chris the gigg head did it's job, but the pool pole was trashed. Didn't weigh the fish. but a close estimate was around 10 lbs.GREAT NIGHT with the kids//3 generations.
    Attached Files

Wow. What a pig!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
    Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

damn, nice catch. Where did you get those monsters?

Comment

Do my hunting in Texas and my gigging in Alabama//Gulfshores AL

Comment

Wtg

Comment

I wanna go! I wanna go!

Nice job!
            "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

sweet ,awesome,cool
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Flat Fish Flat Fish,Swimmin in the Sea,Flat Fish Flat Fish ,Swim by Me! Great catch, Yes Sir!!
                West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I know in TX that you've been limited to 5 fish and really hate that . In AL there is a 10 fish limit and with a $108.00 commercial license, there is no limit to numbers only a 12 inch slot limit. Let any fish under 14 swim and grow up. If I hadn't had the kids with me, I don't usually gig them unless they are in the 15 to 16 slot. We are blessed with great floundering and usually clear water.

Comment

Originally posted by bamafan611 View Post
                    I know in TX that you've been limited to 5 fish and really hate that . In AL there is a 10 fish limit and with a $108.00 commercial license, there is no limit to numbers only a 12 inch slot limit. Let any fish under 14 swim and grow up. If I hadn't had the kids with me, I don't usually gig them unless they are in the 15 to 16 slot. We are blessed with great floundering and usually clear water.
                    I'll be in Louisiana in a few weeks... May have to make a stop in Bama on my way to Florida
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

PM me some details and we'll see if I can set you up a trip on your way through BAMA.

Comment

Very nice
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                        X