6/5/2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/5/2009

The plan was that Flat Out Fishing, Bountyhunter, MBW007 and I would meet at Sam’s beach at 0600 for some surf action. The water was sandy but green water was almost in reach and the predicted 5 to 10 north wind was actually a 15 from the north east. Monte was the first to hook up with a nice 21 speck that went on the stringer. I was the next with a dink then Derek and Mike released a couple back to the surf. The north east wind increased to 20 and we decided to make a move. Derek had to get home so we were now down to three people.
    Next we decided to wade the bay behind the pass, well Monte and I decided anyways. Anyone that knows Mike knows that he doesn’t get out of the boat in the bay except to push it off of sand bars or when he falls out. Monte and I took off and about the time that Monte figured out that it was a bust we turned around and saw that Mike was indeed following us about 100 yards back. We walked him for a couple of miles then headed back.
    Next we decided to drive back to the seawall and see if the water cleared up back towards Galveston. We stopped again around 8 mile road and hit it again. The only stand out moment that stands out here is that I saw a raft of mullet balled up real tight and when I threw at it something exploded and it was on for a minute or two. I am somewhat sure that it was a jack cravelle. We did string fish but it was a slow grind.
    We packed and headed east again and stopped for some working birds at 89th street. Mike starts off hammering them and has the hot hand for this stop. Mike thinks that one that he lost would have been a personal best and seeing his rod I would have to concur. Monte hooks a nice trout and as I am looking over he shouts that there are 3 or 4 more chasing her. He says that it is one of the coolest things he has seen. Monte also lands a 25 inch trout that went 5.5lbs. Seeing that she wasn’t going to make it, she went on the stringer.
    Next we stopped a little further east where green water was within reach and it was on again. This was our best stop and we hooked up, double hooked up and triple hooked up several times. We were so hooked up that we attracted a boatload of potlickers from the jetties who came and anchored up on us.
    We kept one limit of trout between the three of us for dinner to remember a great day of catching with good friends.
    Attached Files
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

That was fun! By far my best day with arties. They were hitting any soft plastic with a tail.

The funniest thing about the morons on the boat was he yelled in his best "nanny-nanny-boo-boo voice......ya'll are just jealous baecause none of you have a boat."

Good times with good friends. I enjoyed it ya'll!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

nannie nannie boo boo... We got a boat but we are still fishing in the surf... cause it's cheaper and funner!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDriver View Post
        nannie nannie boo boo... We got a boat but we are still fishing in the surf... cause it's cheaper and funner!!
        Exactly! We have 4 boats between the 3 of us.

Comment

I'm on a boat MF'er don't you ever forget!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            I'm on a boat MF'er don't you ever forget!
            swimmin with the dolphins and shiet...
            "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
            boom

Comment

No kidding. One of my good days in the surf was fishing the old Balaniese room. I got out there 15 minutes before first light and anchored up at the tip. Boatload of dudes shows up 10 minutes later. Must suck to wake up super early, trailer to boat to the GYB, pay the GYB, run way around the S. Jetty and several miles back along the surf to see a dude in a yak had already posted up on your spot To make matters worse, I had a broke hand and still landed 4 specks while the 3 dudes on the boat zeroed.

I forgot to say, awesome catch! I'm sure ya'll had a good time.

Comment

bastages
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Power fishing at it's finest!
                  Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Good job grinding it out fellas!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Never fails, I have to leave then they find the fish.......

Glad y'all found them. I almost stopped at the sea wall on the way home cause it looked really good. Guess I should have.

Should have yelled at the morons "Yep you got a boat but you got to potlick off waders to catch fish!"
                      Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post

Glad y'all found them. I almost stopped at the sea wall on the way home cause it looked really good. Guess I should have.

Should have yelled at the morons "Yep you got a boat but you got to potlick off waders to catch fish!"
                        Not to worry BH, it was said.

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                          swimmin with the dolphins and shiet...
                          someone say swimming with dolphins?
                          Attached Files
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Haha... Anyone seen the plastic surgery South Park episode where Kyle gets the negroplasty? "Swim with the dolphins..." Next thing he will be getting a blowhole put in and a fin made of ball sack

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post

I think there was alot worse than that yelled that day!

Boom taught me a few words I' didn't even knew existed!

Lets just say the 3 amigos weren't gonna take no chit off the fishin ninja....and he didn't want any part of it !
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X