So Close...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Close...

To my first limit of specks on artis only. Fished the Galveston surf early on Sat. 6/6. Second cast with the spook jr. gets blown up and it was fast action until sun-up. By far my best trip with topwaters. For a while it was fish on every cast. The fish were very committed. If they missed the plug and you didn't yank it away you just had to let it sit a second, twitch it a few times, and they would be all over it again Had much better results landing fish than yesterday, only lost maybe 1/4 of hookups. Once the topwater bite slowed I switched to the jerk shad and got a few more. I had forgotten the stringer so I was whacking them on the head and throwing them into the kayak. Thought I had 10, but it was really 9. Can't complain though

I did paddle out to some birds that were going gang busters on shrimp, but the fish wouldn't hit anything I was throwing.

There were quite a few guys catching 'em on live shrimp, well into the morning after the artificial bite slowed down.

Too much fun, hope the surf stays flat for tomorrow morning

The haul

"Liar" Birds

Sounds like you hooked up like we did. Good job.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Good going MJ!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Very nice..I've always wanted to take my kayak to the surf, just never get around to doing it..

Comment

Looks like a nice day on the water.
          Congratts
          Joe

Comment

Working...
          X