Surfside 6/6 Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside 6/6 Morning

So after praticing "walk the dog" yesterday at the neighborhood pond i decided to test it out on the open waters. Hit up surfside to a beautiful morning. Clarity of the water was just ridiculious... i was just below shoulder deep water and can see clear down to my feet.. to bad not alot of bait working around.

So i start chucking along as the sun comes up on the second sand bar and BAM one smacks my plug @ just a lil over 15inches (Had to pull out my trust folding ruler!) 30 minutes later i get its twin! Made my day!! Had more blowups but no hookups.

I think I does likes topwaters.. gonna try again in the morning tomm.

There was a guy there next to us throwing plastics that were just HAMMERING them one after another.. i think he was just shy of his limit.

Bite started round 6:00 for everyone and i think by 8:00 it just vanished.

Walked back to the truck and accidentally stepped on a FAT flounder round 20inches.. thing shot out like a bat outta hell.

Nice work! Can't beat a topwater bite for excitement.

Comment

Nice report......Thanks....
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sure is nice to catch a few on topwaters. Glad you scored up a few fish that way when everyone else is chunking plastics or throwin live. The best part is when its right on the beach front and your around people and you throw that topwater they all turn to look at your blowup and catch.

I don't use tops all that often because I just don't know the right places to be at or just too short tension spaned. But I always throw a topwater in the beachfront. I know I can catch fish using anything else but I truely believe that if I am going to catch a monster trout I will do it with a topwater.

Using a topwater on the beachfront and everyone else is catchin and you only may catch one, I feel like I am a pro, champ, like no other! Satisfaction for sure. Keep at it.

Beachfront is screwed up again now, so back to throwing a plastic once and a blue moon but a shrimp under a cork and drifting around is the game plan in the bay.

Comment

nice catch,congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks for the report. Stepping on anything makes me jump!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I love the blow up on tops, but I catch more on plastics. Just depends on what you want for the day.
              Joe

Comment

Good work! Wasn't this a baby spook? BTW...academy has more TTK in the "right" color!

Comment

Working...
                X