Off Shore Report 6.6.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Shore Report 6.6.09

Beach Bum Bailey, Blackbeard and I ran off shore today. The conditions were ideal, 1' seas out 40+ miles I could look at the water and see the clouds. We ran a due South heading to some spots we had marked the weekend before.

We stopped at our first location and pitched a few baits for some ling but nothing was there... We drifted off and decided to move onward when we saw a huge sow snapper coming up. Bailey I think got excited and jerked it a little to quick and she was off down to the bottom. Dropped twice more but nothing.

We moved further on out roughly 40 miles off at this point. Stopped at a wreck and found a 50# Wahoo swimming after we brought up a few small snapper. We pitched some baits but to no avail, it didn't even flinch at the cut sardines we tossed its way. It hung around for about 4-5 minutes before we drifted off the wreck. A dorado came up as well and didn't blink at any baits we had pitched to it.

We decided to move on after no real action and proceeded out to a few rigs and structures that produced well last year. We got skunked again!

Made our way over to a rig we saw in repair and stuck 6 nice snapper in the fish box... We were wondering what took us so long to find them, I was getting worried we'd not get some nice snapper. Saw a huge ling with 8 smaller ones figured it was the momma the small ones were eating but she wouldn't eat before her kids I guess.

It was a good day didn't spend anytime looking for kings, we had plenty of those still in the freezer from the weekend before.

Ran a total of 188.5 miles, burned 75GA.

Here are some pics:

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Nothing wrong with that, good report,

I got the bug again. Anyone need a brand new not even TX number baby cat? Mama said no to 3 boats, should probably have the airboat sold next week. One down and one to go, I've never tried selling a brand new boat though so the baby cat may be a tough one.

Coe, I know where you can get a freakin steal on a 8 month old World Cat. Still a lot of jack but a great price.

Comment

Nice looking snapper. Between your report and AP's post on the oilman tournament, I might have to change my mind about going offshore and find a bigger bote.

Comment

You buy it and I will Capt. It

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Send me a PM about that WorldCat

Comment

Where would we keep it? And that means there would be 2 botes for YOU to haul outta here come hurricane season!

Comment

Are you talking to me Coe?

Comment

Very nice dude. That's some good eating there. Man, 50lb 'hoo? That would be a sweet fish.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                  Are you talking to me Coe?

huh? No, talking to Seaweed... Are you looking at one too?

Comment

ok...i missed that in seaweeds post....

And no, I havent been looking @ one.

Comment

nice offshore trip.congrats on the catch
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

WTG on the fuel burn!! Not bad at all!!

Comment

Tiny we could have used your whispering tecniques the big momma ling wouldn't bite... by far the largest I've ever seen out there...

Comment

I here ya. 1st thing you gotta do is catch about a 250# Tiger Shark.

Comment

Great report Coe. Was perfect seas. Nice snaps!! Too bad about the ling, mahi and wahoo-next time!!
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X