It's demolition time! Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's demolition time! Help needed.

Well guys, the time is nigh. I've been talking about it, and now it's time to do it. We need to tear this down by July 5th. Ike has made this a very difficult deadline to meet. We've spent 2 days hauling away debris from the inside and it's time for me to put out the call to anyone who might be able to help us. No, we cannot burn it. The GLO says it has to go and we've got to make it happen.

The game plan is to take it down from the roof to the floor. That way we won't have to worry about it collapsing on anyone while they are cutting pilings. If you know anything about demolition, or even if you just like to bust things up, we could sure use your help. We are planning on chopping everything up in 4X8 pieces, stack and haul away as we go.

I have cleared my entire month to make this happen, but I can't do much by myself. If you have a boat, wonderful! If not, jump in with me at the KOA camp at SLP any day, any time. Just PM me for my phone number. I'll supply beer for you and the crew if you can gather one up. Just tell me how many you're bringing.

I don't even have to be there for you to do anything. If you swing by and want to tear something up, have at it. Just please be careful and don't break any glass. The goal is to take it all away piece by piece and leave the area absolutely clean.

The only thing we want to keep is the cables hanging from the corners. Any and all other materials are free for the taking. Lots of good lumber there.

Though many of you have earned one already, anyone who helps will get a "Friends of Blockade Runners" T-shirt when I have them made up. Thanks Y'all, Sandy
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Law dog I will be off next week and will give you a heads up when i can come. See ya soon!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

here is a list of tools i will offer for loan for the project. Crowbar,pinch bar,sledge hammers,saws all,grinder,hand held drills,wheel barrow,shovels, cats paws trash bags and a few hammers. A chainsaw may be needed. Also maybe some garbage cans to containerize the small items in to save on pick up time. I have a trailer if needed. please advise!! Posse Up WEA!!!!
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Here is what we have already: 10 lb. sledge hammer, 3 crowbars, hammers, contractor bags, generator, battery powered drill, electric chainsaw (I have a real chainsaw, but it ain't workin' right and 007 is trying to fix it). I also have a battery powered sawzall, but it's really only good for small jobs.

I don't know what a pinch bar or cat's paws are, but if they'll help, that's great! A trailer would be awesome, but I don't mind stacking things up on the shell pile to haul out later when we get a dumpster.

I've been bringing truck loads home and putting it out for the heavy trash, but we're going to overwhelm that option soon. We're going to get a dumpster, but the darn things are expensive! The quote I got was $631 for a 40 yard dumpster. We only want to have it there for a few days so the general public doesn't us it. That's why I reckon we should stack things up to haul out later. Thank You!
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
        X