fishing chocolate bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishing chocolate bay

I'm playing fishing guide tomorrow for a work event. Im picking up the crew at the bridge on fm2004. My boat runs kinda deep and I don't have a trolling motor so I'm a little limited. Is there any fish I can get to just outside the channel in chocolate or I'm I better off in west bay drifting? Thanks guys!

Originally posted by new aces View Post
    My boat runs kinda deep
    How deep is "deep"?

Leaving the channel at the wrong location can ruin you trip as well as your boat.

Comment

I can run in about 2.5 ft without issue. I run a 24 robalo.

Comment

If you stay in Chocolate, I would fish the edges of the channel as much as possible. You can fish from the ICW all the way to Liverpool in your boat.

You should be able to safely leave the channel by hanging a left just past marker 10. I would do it slowly though. That will put you just south of Long Reef. I can't think of any other spots.

Take a look at Google Maps or Google Earth to see all the spoils that line the Chocolate channel. It can be very dangerous if you are heading into an unknown area.

Comment

the tide has been low this week.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Chocolate can be unforgiven in a shallow boat...let alone in a big boat... Fish both side of the channel when the tides moving

When it stops where you are, make a run in or out to find moving water....
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Any luck catching ?
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Texfish View Post
                Any luck catching ?
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Afobs
                  all fish on bay shore
                  May your rod never go limp

Comment

Working...
                  X