Galveston 6/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston 6/6

Dang it, I typed out a long post and it messed up when I tried to post and dissapeared. Oh well, quick version...

Went 70mi out with a buddy and his old co-worker.

Obligatory sunrise-departure pic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2chkunm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	572077

Made bait on a weedline coverd in hardtails and chickens. Kept some mahi that were "fish taco" sized.

Technically my 1st mahi, so I had to get a pic.

Name:	2qhzvc1.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	572076

Got out to the rigs and started freediving. Large schools of spawning mangroves at 50'.

Shot my 1st double. Had gotten 2 in 1 before, but this was the first time they were good size/species. Pure luck as I do not try for doubles. Even more lucky 2nd fish was hit in the gillplate (good spot).

Name:	2rgj4g1.jpg
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	572075

We were fortunate the mangroves were so thick. I did not see any RS, and the guys on the boat only filled half-limits. They did land a nice ling, and I missed a shot on another nice ling.

We made it back in 45 minutes before dark, and cut fish until 11pm. Great trip!

Name:	23jjssp.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	572074

Never actually seen some catch a mahi! Cool looking fish!

Comment

Man you wore my old azz out just thinkin of that days events WTG! great post Bro!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Very nice Yan!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Excellent Yan! We'll try & get out there soon bro.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That looks sweet free diving, hell or even just watching sitting on the boat with a line out waiting for a snapper to nail it. If anyone ever needs another person to help with fuel, im here! How do the damn trigger fish act when your in the water that close to them
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
              That looks sweet free diving, hell or even just watching sitting on the boat with a line out waiting for a snapper to nail it. If anyone ever needs another person to help with fuel, im here! How do the damn trigger fish act when your in the water that close to them
              They run! We spear them too well, this is a mangrove but yes Cody prefers to target triggers via R&R. Sorry for the hijack Yan, eager to get back out there buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1eVmF7m0oA
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thats sick. Ide be worried about a dam shark or something crazy, but heck u only live once ide try it.
                Karma's a beach.

Comment

Sweet Yan...I've gotta try that sometime!
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                    Sweet Yan...I've gotta try that sometime!
                    Lets go!
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Good post and nice going Yan!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great post and photos Yan !
                        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                        X