Hand held flounder light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand held flounder light

Man im tired of this lantern BS when gigging..... i have seen the pvc with the light that goes under the water at the end of the stick. is it better than the old school lantern way.. IM guessing so. IF SO, wheres the blueprints lol
    Karma's a beach.

I have never used a lantern, but I like my 12v underwater light. Less ripple effect as the light only has to pass through the surface once, don't have to worry about splashes, no bug attraction, and makes a heck of a spotlight too.

I just bought the H&H one from academy, $45.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
      Rocky, thanks for the link I hadn't run across that one before.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

west end angler has several of those lights
        he knows how to use em too
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I make some myself 12V very light. Runs on two small 6V batteries in a fanny pouch. I can hook you up with a couple for $25 each with batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinganimal View Post
            I make some myself 12V very light. Runs on two small 6V batteries in a fanny pouch. I can hook you up with a couple for $25 each with batteries.
            Do u have a pic?
            Karma's a beach.

Comment

No video yet. These are 13W Halogen. Two charged batteries last about 4-5 hrs. Hopefully goin soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Bottom
                This is the only one I have found worth a darn & yes I have made my own, yes I have tried redesigning and they are still the best made & worth your money!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I recently bought 2 more of the Academy lights & noticed on the deluxe (PVC) version they are using large clips instead of the smaller alligator clips. This can cause a sparking issue. I of course always change the connections out to the female spade connections. Put the female connections on the wires from light so that they can slip onto the male ends on the deer feeder battery. Just something to think about as typically they always came with small alligator clips that you can find at Home Depot, Lowes etc.

Comment

Definately a good choice. My friend uses his when we go and some nights the light under the water is better if the clarity is good. If the water is stained it seems to be harder to spot the flounder. I personally like my light to be facing down similiar to a lantern it seem to work better with stained water. Hey Coe how much time do you get with one battery?

Comment

Originally posted by fishinganimal View Post
                      Definately a good choice. My friend uses his when we go and some nights the light under the water is better if the clarity is good. If the water is stained it seems to be harder to spot the flounder. I personally like my light to be facing down similiar to a lantern it seem to work better with stained water. Hey Coe how much time do you get with one battery?
                      3+ hours on a properly maintained battery. I usually bring 2 with me (keep 1 in the truck). I'm rarely out that long and if I don't see any good signs I'll move to another spot.

Comment

I'm fixing to order a couple of waterproof LEDs and make me one!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                          I'm fixing to order a couple of waterproof LEDs and make me one!
                          make me one so you dont have to walk alone!
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                            I recently bought 2 more of the Academy lights & noticed on the deluxe (PVC) version they are using large clips instead of the smaller alligator clips. This can cause a sparking issue. I of course always change the connections out to the female spade connections. Put the female connections on the wires from light so that they can slip onto the male ends on the deer feeder battery. Just something to think about as typically they always came with small alligator clips that you can find at Home Depot, Lowes etc.
                            i wanna walk!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Ordered 2!
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X