1st rig from SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st rig from SLP

About how far is that first rig Going out from SLP? Im debating on taking the ole Xpress welded jon boat out there on a flat *** day. How sweet would that be to troll for some king in a john boat. Until a storm pops up then im SOL.
    Karma's a beach.

um...might want to hold off on that jon boat out there...
    sigpic

Comment

You think? Ive seen some small boats out there.... Just never aluminum boats. I know this is totally different but we take the 23 ft explorer all the time.
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

I believe 15mi, still not too good of an idea.

Don't forget SLP is not a jettied pass, it has much less traffic, which is also much less chance of someone finding your stranded azz

Comment

Yea i hear ya. i may just stick with my uncles explorer. Much more reliable.... Next time we go out i hope we see one of yall crazy mo fos out there free diving. Thats bad ***. Hell if its just us two get ur gear and hop on with us. Its a 23 ft with a 200 v-max. Only bad part... No T-top so it gets Hot!
          Karma's a beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
            I believe 15mi, still not too good of an idea.

Don't forget SLP is not a jettied pass, it has much less traffic, which is also much less chance of someone finding your stranded azz
            X2
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I seen jboats out 35 miles-one day I saw one heading south and it was 2-4' seas-I don't think they made it back and figure they helped the overall gene pool!! make sure your will is up to date.

Jboats sink in seconds. One good wave and AMF.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

We hear of 2-3 boats / year all Jon's that think they can brave the big pond... They never make it & always are overloaded, no safety gear & no means alerting people that they need help. Phones don't work after a few miles off shore.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

go for it, we took a 17ft boat 35 miles out of SLP, we fish 100+ miles in a 24ft boat regularly

Comment

Originally posted by jbfisher View Post
                    go for it, we took a 17ft boat 35 miles out of SLP, we fish 100+ miles in a 24ft boat regularly
                    Can't compare a 17ft whaler to a Jon boat! Haha

Comment

O yeah how that turn out?
                      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Working...
                      X