6/15: Highland Bayou Date Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/15: Highland Bayou Date Night

My 6yo daughter and I went on an outing together after work. We launched the kayak at Louie's about 7p and paddled to the Highland Bayou Marsh just south of the RR bridge. We free lined live shrimp, she chattered a lot, and we had a big time. No keepers but we caught three rat reds and a hard head. I unhooked them for her and she released them (except the hard head, he accidentally hit his head on the side of the kayak and may not make it). We were back at the ramp just after dark.

To top our evening off, we had dinner together at Louie's. I've always liked that place and tonight was very good. She had a 'the best hot dog in the whole world'. I had a cup of gumbo and a cold beer. She was asleep before I pulled onto I-45 heading home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0214.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	572089Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0220.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	572090Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0222.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	572091Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpg
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	572092
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Man that's great ,my daughter &. I dirt bike together years ,now 23 still close. ( out ride me ) when it cools off if you would like to go with me I go yaking the other way from Louis ,secret little spot

Comment

Thats great!

Comment

Great day on the water! Sounds like you had father's day early!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great job dad ! Smiles for miles in the photos.
          "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Looks like a great trip to me, especially the smiles!

Comment

Boy you sure mark your pups,sorry to hear about the poor hard heads accident,but it looks like you both overcame this traumatic experiance...and even went on to have a supper in its honor,Happy fathers day JC.
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Awesome!
                Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Looks like she is going to be a Good Fisherwoman! LOL She looks Awful proud of that Redfish! Great Job! Give you dad some real competition!

Comment

Working...
                  X