Galveston OS 6-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston OS 6-17

Well tried to make it out deep but the seas never laid like they said. Did make it to the first rigs out of Galveston and was happy to at least get some pulls. Trolling for kings became the action. Ended up catching around 15 and one jetty tuna. Most fish were caught on russel lures , but a few fell for some green skirted thang. Pretty much non stop action and some decent size to boot. We had a couple in the 35# range.

On the water at sun up and hit the dock by 12:30. Still solid 3-4's with the occasional 5-6. I sure wish the wind would hurry and lay, I now have $75 worth a spanish sardines and squid stankin up my freezer.

Oh yeah, had one king try and knuckle my pinky...bled like a stuck pig the rest of the day!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; June 17, 2009, 04:08 PM.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

You are THE MAN to make it out in these seas!! Nice report and pics-especially the oozing blood from the finger!! Thanks FoF!!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The report was dated 6-16, I meant 6-17.
      Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        The report was dated 6-16, I meant 6-17.
        I fixed it...

I've seen a Barraccuda do some damage on a friends finger too... Nothing to mess around with when your handling those toothy fish! They'll find away to get you before you get them in the fish box! What size boat were you in?
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I fixed it...

I've seen a Barraccuda do some damage on a friends finger too... Nothing to mess around with when your handling those toothy fish! They'll find away to get you before you get them in the fish box! What size boat were you in?
          27 Scarab...nice and clean cutting thru the waves, but a bit of a roller if you stop. Thats why we just kept trolling.
          Yeah, the damn thing got me on a roll.I was adjusting to keep from falling and next thing I knew he got me. Oh well, wasn't the first time and probably want be the last.
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Pretty cool, how far out?

As for the injury:

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
              Pretty cool, how far out?

As for the injury:
              I infer that your calling me a wussy here....

Hey, we were the only ones that I even saw out, and I didn't get sick like some people on the boat!

We were about 15-20 miles out...really didn't check, but not far. Kept thinking the swells would subside some the farther we got,but they just kept getting bigger, then the wind kicked up some more so said screw it. Stopped at the jetty but didn't have or see a bite, then Whataburger started calling!
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Hmmmm Burgers!!!!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Hmmmm Burgers!!!!
                  #5 with jalapenos!
                  Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Ya should rub some of the jalepeners on that wound-it'll make it feel better!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

So that's why they call you "Flatout Fishin"! Flatout gettin' it done! Thanks for the report.
                      Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

FoF:

Is that your report in the GDN today? If so, cool. If not, still great report and bloody "pinky"!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                          FoF:

Is that your report in the GDN today? If so, cool. If not, still great report and bloody "pinky"!
                          I don't know...I didn't put it there.

After checking it out...that wasn't me, but I'll say its almost exactly what we found. I bought $75 worth of sardines and squid and we never shutdown to drift any. It was just too rough.
                          Last edited by FlatoutFishin; June 19, 2009, 12:48 PM.
                          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Working...
                          X