6/16 Wading around with AquaPimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/16 Wading around with AquaPimp

So a while back i promised my little brother if he made straight A's his first yr in high school i would take him out on a guided trip. Well, with six weeks left he had his straight A's already locked up so about a month ago i booked a trip with Aquapimp. Well, the day before the trip some major health issues came up with the wife and the trip was the last thing on my mind. Since everything was already in line and her next appt was Tuesday PM, my wife DEMANDED that i go (i am so lucky7 to have her) and not let down my little brother. Talked to AP and we put together a plan for a short trip w/ artificials.

Tuesday mornin i go and pick up my little brother and his best friend at my parents round 4am and met up AP at the ramp round 5:30. Both were totally excited to go and pumped bout the trip. We hit the spot, which for the kids looked like the middle of nowhere with water all around us, and AP throws the anchor out. They were both freaking out we were going to jump out the boat and thought we would drown much less wade. So needless to say when AP jumped out the boat both their jaws just dropped in awe.

Greg did an awesome job explaining to the kids how to fish, how to use artificials, and what to do. They picked it up pretty quickly too. One didnt know how to use a baitcaster but by the end of it he was getting pretty good with it. Both kids were completely STOKED they were able to catch some trout and flounder on artificials and kept saying what a great time they had on the water afterwards. My little bro refers to it as "fish wading". Although i didnt land any fish, it completely made my day seeing how happy they were.

At the end, AP told me he would take me out again b/c the weather conditions werent the greatest and we had to cut he trip short. That just completely topped off the trip!

We were on the road by 11am heading back to deal with the real world. By the time i crossed over the 2004 bridge the kids were knocked out.

Thanks AP!!!

slyell, sounds like a good day. Although there was not a lot of fish caught you had a good day! AP is a good guide and a better person, so hopefully your next trip will be as good, but with some fish.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Glad to hear the youngsters caught some fish I remember all the trips I took when I was probably there age.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Greg is a standup dude and will take care of ya..Hopefully the weather will cooperate a little more for your next trip...

Comment

Enjoyed it Slyell and I look forward to doing it again in a few weeks. That was fun watching those younguns bowed up with the few Trout and Flounder we did catch. Hopefully this wind will die down very soon.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

glad yall caught a few.Greg is a good guide.congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Way to go Slyell and AP!!
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good to hear your experience went well.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Thanks for the report. And good job taking the little brother fishing.

Comment

Man that is what fishing is all about. Being able to pass it on to kids that will never forget their first trip,fish or wading experience!!! At the end of the day they just enjoy people spending time with them.
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X