Wading Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wading Rod

I built this one a few months ago and it's a pretty sweet rod for throwing tails and ssjr's. Alan was a big help over at FTU and pretty much set me up with all of the components.

FTU-BSRT66L
    Fuji Alconite Guides

Looks good. When I built my rods (from the same folks 25yrs ago) they were very helpful as well. I see you have the eyes rolling around to the bottom. Is this a new trend ? Do you change the backbone of a blank to the bottom ? I am out of touch with the new materials or techniques of rodbuilding and I am curious. This looks like a cool rod, does it 'hunt' ?

Comment

sweet
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I read an article on a simple spiral and thought I would try it out. It's basically setting the guides at 0, 90, and then 180 for the rest of the way. It's the first one that I have used and it seems to work just fine. I need more time to "hunt" but it's got a few under it's belt. I've built two like this and my buddy is using the other one. I'm still pretty new to building rods, but I'm really enjoying it.
        His is a Castaway blank and the backbone is on the bottom of the rod like a spinner.

Comment

Man I just do not like the spiral eyes... Some folks swear by them lol... I am glad to see you building rods though... Have you load tested them yet lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
            Man I just do not like the spiral eyes... Some folks swear by them lol... I am glad to see you building rods though... Have you load tested them yet lol?
            It's funny, my kid has caught more on the one we built for her...LOL! Scott did put me on a nice Smackeral the other day though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              It's funny, my kid has caught more on the one we built for her...LOL! Scott did put me on a nice Smackeral the other day though.....
              I have room on the boat in the morning if you want to load test one...

Comment

Raincheck! I'm training this week, but thanks Hoagie.

Comment

Don't know if i would waste money on a custom built rod Bass pro shop has Bookoos of rods! I like my skeet reese 100 bucks but great action!

Comment

That looks nice! I wasn't sure I'd like the spiral, but I do now.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice work Randy!

Comment

Working...
                      X