Galveston Party Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Party Boat

Going out with a group of friends on a party boat next Thursday and seeking some advice. I know that they provide squid, but if we wanna catch more than 5 lb snapper, what bait should we take along with us? What type of tackle should I take? This will be my first trip out there and I wanna meat haul. Mangroves, 15lb snapper and plenty of vermillions. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Originally posted by troutwader View Post
    Going out with a group of friends on a party boat next Thursday and seeking some advice. I know that they provide squid, but if we wanna catch more than 5 lb snapper, what bait should we take along with us? What type of tackle should I take? This will be my first trip out there and I wanna meat haul. Mangroves, 15lb snapper and plenty of vermillions. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Heres my advice when booking a guide. Whatever the guide tells you to do just do it. They are much more helpful if you listen to their advice. They make a living catching fish. Their bonus is a tip at the end of a trip. They want you to catch fish and be happy that equals a nice tip. Thank them evr ome the unhook your fish. You will be surprised what you can learn from those party boat deckhands. Sometimes a 20 spot up front can get you some extra attention from them. Also dont try to catch the sharks. Enjoy the trip and post some pics when you get back!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

The last time I went, a coworker also went ( He was a frequent patron of the party boat) . He fished all night for piggy perch around Pelican Island somewhere on the bank and had a barrel on the New Bucaneer with water piped into it. He fished with live perch, while we fished with squid. He limited out with woes while I caught nothing. True story. Now he went a lot, & had a roommate that was a deckhand, but I can't see them allowing just anyone to install a 55 gallon drum and pipe in water to keep them alive.

Comment

What corndog said, or some big croaker and shad.
        Karma's a beach.

Comment

Ribbonfish with no weight for some kings, if your drifting.
          Karma's a beach.

Comment

Also take some Snapper Slapper lures with you. Don't know if academy has them or not, but sure FTU will. Different colors. Wait till all around you get down, then slowly let your line down. Bigger snaps will feed near the surface away from bottom. Live mud minnows would work as well. Don't have to have a big container for them. Hard to do a meat haul on a party boat, but it can be done. Good luck and be sure to post pics when you get back. What boat are you owing on?

Comment

All I know is the company is Galveston Party Boats. I was interested in catching and freezing some bait in the bay. Maybe some mullet, shad, and croaker. An idea I had was to take some sabiki rigs and try to catch some live bait while down there. If I can get 10 good sized fish I'll be happy with that.

Comment

They are as good as you will find. Any kind of fresh bait besides squid is good, if ya can get it. Don't know about the sabiki rigs.

Comment

Buy some Spanish sardines and get there super early so you can claim a spot at the stern. Less tangles with your neighbors and that's where all the drift lines will be set out.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                    Buy some Spanish sardines and get there super early so you can claim a spot at the stern. Less tangles with your neighbors and that's where all the drift lines will be set out.
                    What he said !

Great advice.
                    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                    X