Evening trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening trip

Had to work all day Saturday which really sucked but I still pulled the boat out to do some evening fishing. Launched out of the torn up causeway bait camp for the first time since Ike. Stopped at some reefs to catch a few live mullet with the cast net and got about 3 dozen small finger mullet but I made the best of them.

I anchored up off a reef and set out my two 6000,s with the clickers on and waited it out. The sun was setting and the fishing was on. I had both rods bent over at once a few times. Only to loose them or come up with a chunk of shell or a hardhead.

A few big hook ups but no results untill finally I thought I hooked into a good one only for my line to go limp and the other rod went off! So I set the one down to miss another fish on the other line. Picked up the first one and still had a hard pullin drag rippin fish. 21" thick backed trout! Then I landed a nice 22" red. Several small reds and a few more hardheads.

To me the night was a success! Off the water befor 10pm using up all my bait. Fast action with a few solid fish to show for. I did throw a bone SS Jr. a time or two but no hook ups or even blow ups. The fish wanted live bait.

Thanks for the report, nice fish.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report. Nice fish

Comment

Thanks for the report Kevin.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice fish
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice job Kevin.

Comment

Thanks for the report
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Way to go Kevin....bout time you posted up a report. Been a while!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report.congrats on the catch
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                  X