Stake out Stick - My thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stake out Stick - My thoughts

I finally got a chance to use my new stake out stick last weekend and boy it was great! The wind was blowing pretty good and I was trying to anchor, but the darn thing would not hold, so I pulled out the SOS and it held strong. If you hate anchors like I do and want easy of use, you need to invest in one. Get in touch with Monte (Flatout Fishing) and he will hook you up!

Thanks Monte for getting me my SOS, it was a good investment.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Or PM Brian "blittle" --> http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/member.php?u=1051

LB Outfitters is a sponsor on the website, see the link below.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      Or PM Brian "blittle" --> http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/member.php?u=1051

LB Outfitters is a sponsor on the website, see the link below.

http://www.fishwestend.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1730

Yeah...get hold of Brian. You need help figuring out how to use it...take me fishing and I'll show you.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

i had trouble sticking it into hard ground while drifting... fell out the boat one time trying! but once you get it in.. it holds like no other!

Comment

Originally posted by slyell View Post
          i had trouble sticking it into hard ground while drifting... fell out the boat one time trying! but once you get it in.. it holds like no other!

I had the same issue, but like you said, once it sticks in the sand, it holds pretty darn good.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Love my stake-out stick. The only complaint i have is the week after I bought mine, the new model came out w/the push pole end on it! But besides that it works great and is really easy to use. THE POOR MANS POWER POLE

Comment

I agree it is the poor man's power pole, but at least it did not drain fluid all over the place, it did to my neighbor last weekend. He was not happy, because it is a brand new boat and his power pole crapped out on him.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I have a Stake Out Stik.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!
                Capt. Jen Green

Comment

I've got the Yak version and if you have a Yak you got to have one!!!!!!! It is a little tough in hard sand, but I rarely fish hard sand when in the Yak. It is so quiet to slip it in and you can control your yak much better than you can with an anchor.
                  Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Working...
                  X