Flyfishing at its best on west bay flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyfishing at its best on west bay flats

I just had my best day ever Flyfishing West Bay flats.With a waxing moon and tides moving out The redfish were puting on the feed bag.The winds were so light that I could pole my skiff in any direction that I desired to go.I was right in the middle of mudding and tailing reds all day Monday.I chased somewhere between 16 to 18 pods containing a handfull to over 70 to 80 reds.I hooked 14 reds and landed 11 reds from 17 to 26 in.I also caught two trout that were tailing one was 17 in. and the other was 20.5 in.No pictures to validate the eppic event as I forgot to put the camera in my gear bag.I was blessed to be in the right place at the right time.
    SKIFFSTIFF

Outstanding!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

WTG, sounds like another awesome day with the long rod.
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Glad you got on em?

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
        I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

That's Awesome!! Congrats! I've been doing OK in the early morning in but sounds like I should be out in the evening! There have been a lot of fish feeding in th emorning just tough to get them. This morning It seemed like I should have had many more than I did. They just didn't seem to want any of my flies. Even the schools running down the shorelines werew tough to get.

Anyway, sounds like you had an awesome day, here's to many more!!

Comment

Way to go! I gotta learn to flyfish!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
              Way to go! I gotta learn to flyfish!

X2

Comment

Originally posted by SKIFFSTIFF View Post
                I just had my best day ever Flyfishing West Bay flats.With a waxing moon and tides moving out The redfish were puting on the feed bag.The winds were so light that I could pole my skiff in any direction that I desired to go.I was right in the middle of mudding and tailing reds all day Monday.I chased somewhere between 16 to 18 pods containing a handfull to over 70 to 80 reds.I hooked 14 reds and landed 11 reds from 17 to 26 in.I also caught two trout that were tailing one was 17 in. and the other was 20.5 in.No pictures to validate the eppic event as I forgot to put the camera in my gear bag.I was blessed to be in the right place at the right time.
                SKIFFSTIFF
                Thats the kind of Fishing trips we ALL like to have!!

Comment

That is awesome, WTG!
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Thats a dream day. Epic.
                    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
                    X