Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello,

My name is Joe Herring. Used to live in Crystal Beach but (by necessity) am going to start fishing Galveston Island more.

Going to Jamaica Beach tomorrow through Sunday and I have a few questions.

1) Can you drive / camp on the beach down there?

2) Is it worth going across San Luis to Follett to get away from crowds and, if so, can you drive on the beach there?

Thanks and Following Seas,

Joe Herring

Welcome aboard.

Here are your answers:

1. no you can not drive on the beach, but I think you can camp. Might want to call JB city hall to find out.
    2. I am not to familiar with Follett, but I do see people driving and camping on the beaches around SLP all the time.

Have fun and post a report when you return.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Welcome aboard.
      NoBama

Comment

welcome aboard.
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Welcome abourd!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

how'd you hear about us?
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

From what I've heard, there is no camping allowed on the Galveston side. It's only allowed on the Brazoria side of SLP.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Welcome Aboard
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Welcome! We drove Bluewater Highway(Braz Co. side of SLP) last Sat and it appeared camping was alllowed as there were large numbers of campers, Rvs, tents, etc on the beach from access roads starting just beyond the bridge. Good Luck!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome. I do see some tents on Galveston beaches, but I don't think it's allowed. You can do as you please on the Surfside beaches, and they are just a toll-bridge away.

Comment

Follets

I see people driving and camping on Follets all the time. If you are looking for wading on Christmas bay turn in at the radio tower and wade straight out for trout or stick to the shoreline for reds. You can wade to the west all the way to an oyster reef that holds good fish. There are some channels on that south shoreline that will hold reds on a high tide. More sea grass in Christmas Bay then the the entire Galveston Bay complex (east, west and trinity).

Comment

Working...
                        X