Newbie Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Questions

So after reading quite a bit I have gained a good amount of knowledge on what I need to be looking for as in tides and weather. But I have no Idea how wind affects bay fishing, so I am asking you guys for a little help. What winds are good and what winds are bad for the West Bay area?

Thanks,

Austin
    "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish,
    and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishings not that hard."
    -Ron Swanson-

sorta depends on where you're fishing.

Due east or west winds are tough-blows pretty much straight down the bay-get protected and drink beer. Any wind above 20 mph is bad-stay home and drink beer. North wind, try north and drink beer. South wind fish along south and drink beer. West wind, try west and drink beer. East wind, get protected and drink beer. If ya got a good looking lady with ya and she's in a skimpy bikini, go to the Sand Bar and drink beer, but post up that you are headed there!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
      sorta depends on where you're fishing.

Due east or west winds are tough-blows pretty much straight down the bay-get protected and drink beer. Any wind above 20 mph is bad-stay home and drink beer. North wind, try north and drink beer. South wind fish along south and drink beer. West wind, try west and drink beer. East wind, get protected and drink beer. If ya got a good looking lady with ya and she's in a skimpy bikini, go to the Sand Bar and drink beer, but post up that you are headed there!!
      X2 Good Luck and Tight lines!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Thanks a lot
        "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish,
        and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishings not that hard."
        -Ron Swanson-

Comment

You can always look at the map and find what shore is protected from the prevailing wind.

Comment

I cant wait for the 30 plus mph winds in the dead of winter, makes for a fun ride. all depends on where your fishing, sometimes the wind can be your friend as fishing in an area with a drain & the wind is pushing water out of it. There are times when the water is super clear in an area & around the corner the wind has the water a little dirty, the fish will hold on that line, other times the winds will just scatter the fish, it just all depends on where your fishing, how strong the winds are & what time of year.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
              I cant wait for the 30 plus mph winds in the dead of winter, makes for a fun ride. all depends on where your fishing, sometimes the wind can be your friend as fishing in an area with a drain & the wind is pushing water out of it. There are times when the water is super clear in an area & around the corner the wind has the water a little dirty, the fish will hold on that line, other times the winds will just scatter the fish, it just all depends on where your fishing, how strong the winds are & what time of year.

I am ready for this!
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
              X