Friday 6-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 6-26

Sorry for the late report. I was waiting for the pictures but still don't have them so I will report anyway.

We got a late start on Friday so we didn't get into the water till about 8:30am. Probably good anyway as I had to park in the back 40. Those of you who know, it means that the ramp was probably backed up earlier that morning.

We ran out to the North first and got into the SMACK's. The kids had fun but only managed to get two into the boat. Both were in the 25" range and females (found the eggs during the fillet process), we managed to hook up with over a dozen but just couldn't get them into the boat. North Jetty was holding clear water, and the South was sandy green. We ran to the first rig just east of the north and saw some trout being caught along with more SMACKS. We put the big rods out with big baits but only manage to hook a big red only to have it break the hook near the boat. No sharks were hitting. It was hot. Did manage some nice sand trout at the South Jetty that were in the 15" to 16" range. good for the frying pan. Got off the water by 5pm. The kids had a great time...maybe a little disappointed for not hooking up with some sharks...

Maybe next time....
    Last edited by Fisher_Of_Men; June 28, 2009, 02:25 PM.
    "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
    "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Sounds like a fun trip and kudos for getting the kids out!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

you kept them busy and smiling im sure.congrats on the catch
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
      X