Halibut help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halibut help

My sister received several fillets of Halibut from her boss. I have exactly 0 recipes for this as I live and spend most of my time in Texas. Anyone got a good one? Otherwise I'm just going to grill them up with the same seasoning I use on my trout. Thanks for any help y'all.
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

I have heard about chunking some and slow boiling it like lobster, thn dipping it in a garlic butter sauce. Never done it, just heard about it. Grilling should be good as well.

Comment

I have heard about chunking some and slow boiling it like lobster, thn dipping it in a garlic butter sauce. Never done it, just heard about it. Grilling should be good as well.
      Basically a halibut is like a Giant Flounder, You can split it & stuff it with Stuffing & sprinkle it with Lemon Pepper & bake it in the oven as well! Good Luck!

Comment

You can grill , 420 it ,blackened is the way I like it . Good deal on getting the halibut it's tastie
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Bottom
          Just a bigger flounder, cook it the same way.
          X2 on the super flounder.Enjoy!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Yep, just another white meat fish with big flakes. If I had to compare it to anything it would be grouper.

Comment

Thanks for the tips fellas. I knew several on here would have good ideas. I've been wanting to try a stuffed flounder recipe I saw on here. Since y'all said cook it like a flounder, I think I'll try that. Thanks again for the great advice.
              What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Don't eat it, it is horrible and will make you sick. Just bag it all up and shoot me a PM and I will come and pick it up whenever you are available.
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                X